free hit
counters
Any one remember this turbo - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Any one remember this turbo

cbclotus

Nice piece of info and I think you are pretty much right in saying that it was used on the opening sequence of the show, as you can see Lotus owned the car up until April 1984, The car was used for number of events, magazine tests and promotions  during that period, I have checks with Lotus and it was the only one to come out of the factory in that particular configuration with the pinstripe in Calypso red primarily as Lotus wanted it for promotion purposes and to be slightly different from the standard decal/ paint scheme.

186A928B-EDE8-4187-BBCC-6BBAD253FFF4.jpeg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Fantastic - maybe Lotus will want it back for their new Heritage collection when you’re done!😉

Definitely no side stripes on the Late Late Breakfast Show car and the pinstripe can be see too so ties in and likely your car👍

A909D4AC-2004-4360-8BB0-E3D0D14E2D4E.png

Can’t wait to see it finished and returned to its best - what kind of timescale are you thinking Tim?

Just reading back Tim and realising how long you’ve owned the car…..have you any photos of it between ‘86 & ‘99 you can share, to keep us going until you’ve completed the resto? Can’t beat some period photos😉👍

And just incase you’ve not seen this road test Tim, here’s your car being out though it’s paces with some complimentary words to support……

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/ERoadtests/AlternativeCars_May83.html

My car, new in May 82, has a pinstripe which I've asked about on here before. It appears it may have been an option at the time? :) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

Brilliant - love a period pic!😎👍👍👍Great to have photos that go so far back! How many miles did you put on her in your ownership Tim? How come you ended up having it off the road for quite so long…..?😢 Thanks for posting the photos👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

love a period pic!😎👍👍👍Great to have photos that go so far back!

I think that we need a "Period Pictures" thread :) - which I've just started :thumbsup:

• Like 1