free hit
counters
My First Turbo Esprit and the Recommissioning of "Vivian" - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jcslocum

My First Turbo Esprit and the Recommissioning of "Vivian"

After the last drive is had a speedo cable break. At least I think it's the cable and not the speedo itself. 

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The leather is much better but has more to go. I think another treatment will make another step up in softness and flexibility. 

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Jon, continued great work. I'm wondering what kind of reaction Vivian is getting in her forays out into the public. These babies are SO rare Stateside these days. I can't immagine too many people know what she is. Do people guess DeLorean? Stare and gawk? Or not take much notice?

Thanks for the comment!!

I have had folks stop by the shop not that spring is here and they can see into the bay that she sits in. The most common response/question is; I think that's a Delorean??  Even tho it has huge LOTUS letters across the back bumper, which is what the see first. Most know the car once invited in to see the full view. We have driven her a bit and we get lots of thumbs up, pointing and selfie taking when it's parked for more than 3 minutes.

I went to a Lotus event in NJ last weekend and it didn't end all that well. I have a full report to write up this weekend and will post it when done.

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo