free hit
counters
blue TE with an ls3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

blue TE with an ls3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something odd there, the body looks to be Turbo Esprit, the subframe has what appear to be factory upper mounts for rear suspension (so not using the transaxle as upper links) and yet the article refers to series 2. So, although 430BHP is a massive increase, it's from a starting point of c210 not 140, or to pt it another way, it was a c180% increase in engine displacement to get an increase of c105% in power. I wonder what it did to the weight and more importantly the weight distribution.

Looks like a nice conversion, only thing i would of changed would be to fit 17 inch compomotives as I do not think the wheels on it suit the turbo style imo.

Must be a fun car to drive with 450 bhp,  I am pretty sure the owner will have some arse twitching moments with that amount of horses.

Bet it sounds amazing B-)

A

As a real chevy guy for 45 years, these engines are incredible to work with and use in any kind of swap. The "kit" price of this engine is about $8000 and includes damn near everything to make it run.

\\http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/Chevrolet-Performance-E-ROD-LS3-62L-430HP-Engine/2795009/10002/-1

Looks like a nice swap and the renegade guys know what they are doing.

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo