free hit
counters
Exige 350 - AU66 AHL - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige 350 - AU66 AHL

Notice the floor carpets are one piece - I'd like to expose the ribbed section on mine, but keep carpet under the seats.

Reckon it'd be easy enough just to cut that section out?

Look ok with the full height sill carpets?

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly apologies for such a selfish post - just wanted somewhere to log my ramblings and ownership experiences purely for my own personal posterity!  Just coming up to 1000 mile service now so figure

Nice write up Luke ? I love my 350 sport to they are wonderful cars and feel so solid! Picked mine up at the end of Sept with nearly 4K covered already on only track and road trips! Fit

I've just remembered - I have another Video of the sound... my 18month old boy doing his V6 impression   

Posted Images

Funny really as I am fed up of seeing the exposed aluminium after owning 5 Elise based lotus cars.

Glad of the full carpet set and NVH kitted out Sport 350 I now have. Must be my age :lol:  

19 hours ago, Rancid said:

Notice the floor carpets are one piece - I'd like to expose the ribbed section on mine, but keep carpet under the seats.

Reckon it'd be easy enough just to cut that section out?

Look ok with the full height sill carpets?

Cant see it being a problem at all, according to the spare parts catalouge

http://vsic.lotuscars.com/system/files/documents/Service Parts List 12MY Exige_0.pdf 

pages ( 136/137)

Exige S shows full carpet, 350 split carpets. Mine must have been specc'd full carpet (or its all they had left lying around!) but really shouldnt be a problem in doing this from what i can see, both edges either side of the ribbed step are Velcro'd so you shouldn't have any problems with them lifting.

1 hour ago, MartynB said:

@LukeH what was the turnaround time on the running in service? I'll need to do mine fairly soon.

Quick - I think i called on a Thursday and it was in the following Monday. Bit of a trek for me so they kindly set me up with somewhere to crack on with some work - took about 3.5 hours all in and i had a few niggles to sort.

Just been for a quick run up the road as its the first time its been dry since i had the service done and wanted to see what difference stripping out the stuff had made. Its noticeably different and its certainly clawed back some of the raw nature i was missing from the S2, still impressively creak and rattle free too. Also managed to stretch its legs a few times which was nice, full chat with the 2bular and the stuff stripped out is a true assault on the senses - its ace. :wub:

There is one major drawback in that the parking sensor beep is now obscenely loud without the padding around it in the bulkhead! Next time ive got it apart ill have to cover the speaker over with some foam - or do the right thing and disconnect it completely!) 

• Like 2

Heh, "the right thing" right up until the "Crunch!!". I'd go with the foam option. It's not like the rear visibility is overwhelming after all.

Cool, I've got fewer niggles (touch wood), so hopefully 2-3 hours will cover it. Definitely needs headlamp alignment though, both sides are low and outward.

The visibility is a revelation after the S2! 

Ill live with it until the seats are next out and then pop some tape/foam over the speaker. Guess it proves the NVH stuff works.

Get ready for giving it a decent wash when you get back, the roads over that way are filthy! 

• Like 1