Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SteveV8s V8 (Big project in a tiny garage) - Page 9 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SteveV8s V8 (Big project in a tiny garage)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Looks great chap - let me know how much the vapour blasting comes to. My mate Nobby has just bought a new vapour blast cabinet and can offer such services now

Only here once

• Gold FFM
12 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

let me know how much the vapour blasting comes to.

I'll ask for a cost breakdown, I just have a total invoice for chrome and zinc plating on some other bits and bobs and vapour blasting. 4 weeks now, I'm getting a bit worried...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 02/09/2018 at 19:36, Barrykearley said:

let me know how much the vapour blasting comes to. My mate Nobby has just bought a new vapour blast cabinet and can offer such services now

For reference, vapour blasting of the rear hub carriers £30 + VAT each, gonna be another 2 weeks until I get them back, I'll post up some piccys. Get Nobby's number circulated.

• Like 2

On 26/07/2018 at 00:55, Steve V8 said:

What a fantastic peice of kit, it makes what can be a risky job safe simple and spreads the load so doesn't damage the spring.

I am glad it worked well for you too! =)
Is there a reason you didn't fully fasten the cups black screws?

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Giniw said:

I am glad it worked well for you too! 😃
Is there a reason you didn't fully fasten the cups black screws?

No excuse.. Just couldn't be arsed to screw them all the way in. Don't worry they were in far enough to hold the cups in position. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 04/09/2018 at 22:55, eeyoreish said:

Yeah, I might need Nobby soon 😐

Nobby - 07534271964.

you would need to deliver and collect courier wise 👍

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I did manage to make a replacement L/H tank cover this week. My son had a day off today, so he kindly sprayed it for me.

I should make it quite clear, I hung it up in the garage, which has remained locked since the disappearance of one of my Goodrich brake hoses, which mysteriously reappeared in the boot of his BMW, of course no one knows how it got there, or why!!!

DSC_0484.thumb.JPG.56eef82710dd078047236799f3cfa8a2.JPG

20180913_192308.thumb.jpg.acf238316aa958913afa1f36639db2a4.jpg

• Like 2

Super smart,  that open engine bay looks stunning,  As does the suspension parts,  did you have the rear uprights vapour blasted ?  

Job job,  keep up the great work,  finish this one and do a G car next lol  :thumbup:

A

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, silverfrost said:

finish this one and do a G car next lol  :thumbup:

I'd love to do a body off restoration of an S2/2.2, or S3 N/A. The more a look at them the more beautiful they become. I have a project in mind for which I'd just need a bodyshell and rolling chassis, but let's get this one done first.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

Too easy, not not enough horses, shit gearbox and it's already been done.

4 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

I'd love to do a body off restoration of an S2/2.2, or S3 N/A. The more a look at them the more beautiful they become. I have a project in mind for which I'd just need a bodyshell and rolling chassis, but let's get this one done first.

Just pop round my place if you yearn to take the body off an S3. One less thing for me to do..!

• Haha 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

1 hour ago, Steve V8 said:

Too easy, not not enough horses, shit gearbox and it's already been done.

I have seen that a few years ago,  sadly it never got finished, the owner sold the car on,  not sure if it was finished by the new owner or that the car was put back to standard form.

The engine that he built for that car was a work of art and would of had a lot of potential figures wise imo. 

Audi 5 pot would be nice, metal block but nearly 900bhp can be made fairly reliable :thumbup:

A

The engine was built by a very good friend of mine.   Sad that it never got to turn-over in anger.

• Like 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• Gold FFM

Did Lotus not do a test fit of the prototype 918 in a G car? 

I'd be looking at the early R8 V8 or possibly V10 if it was short enough, theres also the W12.

The attraction being availability and cost, you can pick up a complete written off doner car for half the price of a 918 engine.

It's just a pipe dream though, I've still got another 3 projects awaiting my attention once Lola is finished. 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Did Lotus not do a test fit of the prototype 918 in a G car? 

I'd be looking at the early R8 V8 or possibly V10 if it was short enough, theres also the W12.

The attraction being availability and cost, you can pick up a complete written off doner car for half the price of a 918 engine.

It's just a pipe dream though, I've still got another 3 projects awaiting my attention once Lola is finished. 

I reckon a supercharged diesel Range Rover engine would be great 👍

As it happens I might know where one or two new engines are.

or even a McLaren lump  

• Haha 2

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...