free hit
counters
HSCC CRC, Rodney Bloor Trophy & Sports Motors - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

HSCC CRC, Rodney Bloor Trophy & Sports Motors

Hope I'm asking in the right place. I've been reading a book [Lotus History 1962-1966, The Twenty Three, Graham Capel], and one of the regular characters on the circuit in the early '60's, racing 23's, is the aforementioned Rodney Bloor. He of Sports Motors in Manchester, now an Indian restaurant if the internet is to be trusted. Exterior picture below (pulled straight from Google). Mr. Bloor passed away in 2008 I've read. RIP.

There's a vague mention online of "The Rodney Bloor Trophy" in relation to a race at Oulton Park that may or not be the part of the HSCC Classic Racing Car Series. Does anyone know about this trophy? If there were more photos/history/info on Sports Motors and Rodney Bloor and the trophy I'd be very interested. I'm no relation, it's pure curiosity because I think my Esprit was originally sold by Sports Motors.

Cheers

George

webmedia-1.jpg

• 2 years later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 10 months later...

I worked at Sports Motors along with Lawrence Millett later of Bauer Millett in Manchester who also sadly died in 2005. That was the last time I saw Rodney at the funeral. He was a true gent and some of the best times of my working life were spent there. I later became the buyer for Strattons of Wilmslow, then ressurected the Sports Motors name selling high end cars in Prestbury. Now retired in the South of France .Happy days. Ian McClure.