free hit
counters
Hethel lap time leaderboard - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hethel lap time leaderboard

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CAR                                       TYRE  Elise S 220  1.41  Yokohama AD07  Elise Cup 220  1.38  Yokohama A048* (not confir

I think it's something to do with the wheel arrangment on a steam locomotive.

Tempted to book onto a trackday at Hethel to see how quick my ex460 would be there...  I feel I'd be let down by the lack of aero and my weight penalty over the 430 Cup, but the power advantage may he

Posted Images

Wow ... the 350 on Corsa's is 3 sec faster than the V6S on Trofeos... that makes it 4-5 seconds on the same tires ...

I would have expected it the other way round and always thought a large junk of the difference came from the V6S beeing on Corsas vs the 350 on Trofeos ....

Agree that is one time that stands out but the 350 was on Corsa tyres according to the factory. The car they used was in the lightest possible spec. It's the black car I drove up there at the launch. I don't think it even had air con and was specc'd with all the go faster options. I also drove the yellow car that was used for the road drives and they felt very similar so if Lotus tweeted the geo for the track car it wasn't by much. Power also felt the same so I think the time is genuine, no cheating going on like some other manufacturers have been known to do!

Looks like they really did a good job of removing weight from the V6 S and more track focused geo changes as there is nothing else to account for the laptime difference!

That's a lot ... I do not know the track but I would guess this translates into a 5 sec difference in LT in Spa?!?!?

By the way: how much faster than the V6S is the Cup at Hethel? 

I should add that I couldn't confirm which tyres the Elise 220 Cup was using. AD07s were standard but A048s were an option. I find it hard to believe it could be 3 seconds faster with the same tyres so I put A048s but I could be doing the 220 Cup an injustice.

I've never seen a factory laptime for the V6 Cup. The most I ever got from Motorsport was that it was 'typically 3 seconds faster' around Hethel, though I still believe it's every bit as fast as a Sport 350, if anything even faster but then you have to conclude a Sport 350 would also set an even faster time on Trofeos.

I don't believe anyone has gone around Goodwood faster in a Sport 350 than the time set by David Pittard in my car. I'll try and get him out in one on the next track day to see what's what!

• Like 1

Does the table run "off tbe screen" for everyone else? (I have to scroll right to see the tyre info).

I think the 400 tyre ref shoukd be MPSS rather than MPS?

@mik edited for you. I've seen the table go off screen on a smartphone but not on a computer screen. I might redo it anyway with the fastest time at the top, Top Gear style and will make the whole table narrrower.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_5950.PNG

IMG_5949.PNG

Above screen shots from iPad.....portrait and landscape. 

Feel free to delete this post and post above once it has helped with formatting ..... don't want to take it OT :)

Ah,,it's combing my posts, so only delete mine ;)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

So with the different tyres on the Evora 400 and 410 what are people's view on real time difference if both cars were on the same tyre ?

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

@DJW, better?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Laptimes are always the cause of much controversy.

The near 3 sec improvement made by the Sport 350 using a slower tyre is a little hard to believe but the one that looks the least likely to me is the near four second jump from the S2 Exige 260 Cup to Elise 250 Cup.

I haven't had the pleasure of driving them back to back but from memory the 260 Exige still has a straight line advantage. Front end grip might be a touch better with the Elise and wider front 195 tyres but I can't see a four second difference around Hethel. Must have been a high 1.34 at the very least!

I agree ... the same is true for the 350 vs V6S on slower tires (Corsa) ... 3 secs faster ... if you neutralize the tire impact - this is a 5-6 sec net ... no way ... did they hire a faster test driver recently? ?

Car  Time  Tyre
 311 Race  1.19.5  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige 380 Race  1.23.5  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige V6 CupR  1.25  Avon ZZR
 Exige Sport 380  1.26.5  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Evora Sport 410  1.28.2  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige V6 Cup   1.29.79*  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa Trofeo
 Exige Sport 350  1.29.8  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa
 Evora 400  1.32  Michelin PSS
 Exige V6S  1.32.68  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa Trofeo
 Elise Cup 250  1.34  Yokohama A048
 Exige Cup 260  1.37.9  Yokohama A048
 Evora S  1.38  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa
 Elise Cup 220  1.38  Yokohama A048 (not confirmed)
 Elise S 220  1.41  Yokohama AD07

* V6 Cup owner's estimate ;)

Indeed! Trouble is with the ability to option back in sound deadening and a stereo no two 360 Cups weigh the same! 

311 Road car time is notably absent also. Has anyone ever seen a Hethel time for that?

211 would be very interesting also.

More accurate laptime updated accordingly. Looks flipping quick and whoever was driving really knew what he was doing.

:thumbup:

1.6 secs quicker than an Exige Sport 350 is flipping impressive for a car carring an extra 200kg. Serious car that Sport 410.

And yet a 311 is still 9 secs faster and ~20 over the Elise. Bloody hell that's quick on such a short track.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

This is me driving the 3-Eleven around Goodwood and having to shift at 5k for noise. It's hugely quick; really, really hugely quick! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If envy is a sin, I'm sinning right now.

I presume you first? Who was second?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.