free hit
counters
Hethel lap time leaderboard - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hethel lap time leaderboard

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CAR                                       TYRE  Elise S 220  1.41  Yokohama AD07  Elise Cup 220  1.38  Yokohama A048* (not confir

I think it's something to do with the wheel arrangment on a steam locomotive.

Tempted to book onto a trackday at Hethel to see how quick my ex460 would be there...  I feel I'd be let down by the lack of aero and my weight penalty over the 430 Cup, but the power advantage may he

Posted Images

From experience the 2-11 is roughly Exige V6 Cup laptime. What the Cup makes up in power, the 2-11 claws back under braking. 

The Evora 410 looks to be a brilliant blend of speed, road & track useability and playfulness. 

Edited by AdamK
  • Like 1

Tempted to book onto a trackday at Hethel to see how quick my ex460 would be there...  I feel I'd be let down by the lack of aero and my weight penalty over the 430 Cup, but the power advantage may help. Would certainly be interesting!

• Like 2

Problem is the trackdays have a traffic cone chicane imposed on the run-up to Windsock corner to stop people entering with too much haste, which curtails any proper comparison times. Shame as I'd love to see it too.

7 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Tempted to book onto a trackday at Hethel to see how quick my ex460 would be there...  I feel I'd be let down by the lack of aero and my weight penalty over the 430 Cup, but the power advantage may help. Would certainly be interesting!

:thumbsup:

Wouldn't you just be able to use the timestamp data from a gopro or something like that?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Who drives the leader board for Lotus?

Would it be possible for Lotus to use their test driver to do a comparison lap with their driver? Just a thought 

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Gavan Kershaw I believe. 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Get him to do it then! Fair comparison too!

If it would be possible with insurance and all that stuff I have no idea! :stuart:

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Don’t expect Lotus would support a comparison of a car that has aftermarket power upgrades vs their own portfolio of cars.  Lotus want to sell new cars, not divert potential new owners to older cars and then upgrade them via 3rd parties. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 08/01/2018 at 09:04, Buddsy said:

Who drives the leader board for Lotus?

Would it be possible for Lotus to use their test driver to do a comparison lap with their driver? Just a thought 

buddsy

No fun unless I do it myself!

I'm not a pro driver my any stretch, but I do drive hard and know my car well.  I think the low weight and aero of the Cup 430 would be a decent advantage over my car!

Remember as well that Gavan has done tens of thousands of laps of Hethel and is an excellent racer/driver and developed the cars so knows the track and the cars incredibly well. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...
Car  Time Tyre
 311 Race  1.19.5  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige 380 Race  1.23.5  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 311 430  1.24  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige Cup 430  1.24.8  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige V6 CupR  1.25  Avon ZZR
 Evora GT430  1.25.8  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 311 Road  1.26  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige Cup 380  1.26  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Evora GT430 Sport  1.26.8  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige Sport 380  1.27.5  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Evora Sport 410  1.28.2  Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2
 Exige V6 Cup  1.29.799  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa Trofeo
 Exige Sport 350  1.30.5  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa
 Evora 400  1.30.8  Michelin Pilot Sport
 Elise Cup 260  1.32  Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R 
 Exige V6 S  1.32.68  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa Trofeo
 Elise Cup 250  1.34.5  Yokohama AO48
 Exige Cup 260  1.37  Yokohama AO48
 Evora S  1.38  Pirelli P-Zero Corsa
 Elise Cup 220  1.38  Yokohama AO48
 Elise S220  1.41  Yokohama AD07

• Like 1

Evora NA

Exige 380 Race never showed up so perhaps we should remove that? Will look up GT410 Sport’s laptime or are you about to beat that time Boss? ;)

The 311 430’s 2 second improvement from 20bhp might sound implausible but that motor is an animal. The way it punts a 1300kg Evora down the road is more impressive than the peak power difference suggests. I’d love to see a power curve vs the 410 motor but it feels a lot stronger from 3,000rpm onwards, even if the banzai 410 engine gets closer in terms of top-end power, it’s playing catch up all the way to 6,000rpm. A 311 is going to be ballistic with the 430 motor, also more progressive with a more linear power curve, that in itself would be worth some time over a lap.

• 10 months later...

Oh nice thread, not noticed this before.  Really interesting to see the lap times and comparing how the different versions of each car performs.   Very surprised at the difference between the Evora S and 400, I know the 400 is more focused and has more power but wasn't expecting that much difference!

Any predictions what time a S1 Evora would post?  Power to weight ratio is less than the Elise Sport 220 and won't be as good round the corners and braking due to the extra weight so I'm thinking 1.41-1.42.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone brave (or knowledgeable) enough to predict an Evija lap time... I'm intrigued as to how much all that power, aero, 4WD and Lotus knowhow offsets the weight penalty. I'm assuming a stellar time at somewhere like the Nürburgring but it'll be interesting seeing what it does on a twisty little track like Hethel!  

• Like 1