free hit
counters
Aluminium Header Tank - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
AJay

Aluminium Header Tank

Well the time has finally come where i can get my Esprit back on the road after a 3 year absence.

Initially i thought oh a quick cam belt change and that would be that.....oh how wrong i was.... it turns out that it is true about the saying use it or lose it... in the 20 years that i have owned the car it has degraded more in the last 3 years of being laid up than in did in the previous 17.

Of course you understand it isn't in a climate controlled car coon but it is in a well ventilated Garage.. Any hoo one of the issues that i have is that the header tank is, well frankly past its best, and although repairable, i have made inquiries as to getting a new header tank made in aluminium. Today i got a question from the fabricator on how many i wanted so that they could work out the cost. This got me thinking that maybe there are a few of you that may require new header tanks as well. 

The tank i am getting made is an aluminium Twin header tank for main cooling and chargecooler.

If there is any interest please let me know ASAP and i will get some prices.  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Ian, i had seen axminster and have them on the back burner, however i have a large list of things to do without a budget to match....... so i am investigating having them made. £300 is a bit more that i want to pay.... Although i haven't got a cost of fabrication yet, so i may have to bite the bullet. But a group buy would bring down the price if there was interest, i am hoping to post prices today or tomorrow. 

Well I have a price and it is £180 for an exact copy of the original tank...there is a 10% discount for multiple orders if anyone is interested..the only catch is they do not currently have the facilities to Polish it.. not a problem for me as I want a OEM finish anyway. 

Sj has the twin header tank as B082K6051F £165.

I'd also highly recommend Esprit Engineering for fabrication, i got my fuel tanks from them and they did a great job, price was good and they were very quick!  Not sure of the twin header tank price though.