free hit
counters
Quick question for 400 drivers re starting - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JayEmm

Quick question for 400 drivers re starting

Gents

Quick one for you. I know the 400 usually likes to start with a very vain and Italian flare of revs, but I've found in these colder temperatures it doesn't really blast into life as it does cough and splutter.

I'm thinking this is normal, just checking that is everyone else's experience too

JM

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine doesn't seem to be affected by the cold, but, it is in a garage overnight so rarely gets below  zero. 

Me too. Can't say I noticed a difference.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I have a 2014 s1 s. It doent do the rev flare if its cold out until i have been for a drive. If I restart when it's warmed up, I get the flare. 

When cold it doesn't stutter, just doesn't flare. 

My car lives outside 

Mine starts with the normal bark in these cold temps.  However it's parked in a garage.

Mine starts as normal. It's kept in a carport so halfway between garage and outside.

This was discussed on the playground a couple of years ago when the V6 Exige was being bought in increasing numbers and I believe the official word from Lotus at the time was that it is designed not to give that flare of revs below a specific engine temperature. Can't remember what that temperature was now, but I'm sure the Evora 400 will be the same.

My Exige is the same on the 2 occasions we've been away in cold weather and the car has been left outside. It sort of splutters and coughs into life rather like an asthmatic instead of the manly, hairy chested flare of revs that you get when it's warmer.