free hit
counters
Dyno results : please show yours ! - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Dyno results : please show yours !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so  ... here's my report !  yesterday was sunny but chilly, and I arrived after 1,5 hour of travel at the Exigence Racing facilities ... friendly welcome, warm coffee, and the work began. it took

EX370 kit will be fitted tomorrow on my car  ... Can't wait ! I plan to have it dynoed next week-end, on the same rolling road (even though I now know for sure front rollers  cannot be synchronized to

you mean dinos, then,  Bibs  ? I don't like them either  !  

Posted Images

Same speed as the rears (or within a small tolerance, I'd guess 10% or similar). 4 wheel RR's do this. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I know a calibration engineer at the factory, let me give him a quick call...

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

5 hours ago, NW76 said:

Give KT a call ... if the front wheels dont turn you get the wrong results imho ... 20-30 Hps less ? ... seriously, I talked about it with Daniel when my car was on the Dyno and he even knew the figure of what it will have as a negative influence on measurement ... dont know anymore ... if it was 30 Hps though 

There is a good explanation for it ... I just dont remember exactly what it was ... talked about it with Daniel from KT ... as he brought it up as one of the main reasons for wrong measurements with Lotus ... think it was electronics interfering even when all is off ...

I wonder if @Hangar 111 could share his thoughts about this? Does your dyno spin the front wheels, Dave?

6 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I wonder if @Hangar 111 could share his thoughts about this? Does your dyno spin the front wheels, Dave?

If the front wheels are not spinning at same +/- a bit speed, then the ECU has a bit of a panic as it thinks the car is doing something weird, like a massive wheelie ;)  It goes into protection mode and will add fuel to look after itself, so you will find it goes quite rich at this point, which will affect the power.  This occurs even with DPM set as off as it can be, because as far as the ECU is concerned, there is a speed sensor issue.

Unfortunately, we can't run to the six-figure sum required for a 4-wheel dyno just yet, so our dyno does not spin the front wheels.  We are working on an electronic solution though - it doesn't take a huge leap of imagination as to how we are going to do this.

This issue also affects the other models that have TC/DPM/whatever-it-is-called-this-week.

Dave

I assume it takes the info from the ABS sensors... I know that on some sportscars, it is well known to take out a fuse to suppress the ABS function, without disturbing the rest of electronics. Can't it be a (poor man) solution  :blush: ?

Yes it does use the wheel speed sensors in the hubs (or pointing at the hub on the rear of the Exige). You can't just disconnect them, you get the same result, if the ECU can't see them spinning, it assumes something is wrong.  Maybe if Lotus had included a VW-style test mode! ;) 

Dave

• Like 1

I'm awaiting my voicemail being returned :)

Evora NA

Evora NA

I did spot Austec on there and that's the place that couldn't do the Evora in truth. It's the only RR I've been to I'm afraid. 

Evora NA

7 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I did spot Austec on there and that's the place that couldn't do the Evora in truth. It's the only RR I've been to I'm afraid. 

They went a few years ago - no longer in business as far as I am aware.

Had my old sprint there.

1 minute ago, NW76 said:

Hey hey ... @550superfast are you curious?

Yours is so fast (or is it the driver???:thumbup:) that I would be very surprised if its delivering less than the claimed 350... 

I was on two rolling roads last week, with very odd results. So I was very pleased to see this thread started. Will post up results when I have a full picture.

It is the line labeled "EsLSHP" in the graph, approx.11% loss.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Is it just me or does 11% drivetrain loss seem low?

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion