free hit
counters
Dyno results : please show yours ! - Page 4 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Dyno results : please show yours !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so  ... here's my report !  yesterday was sunny but chilly, and I arrived after 1,5 hour of travel at the Exigence Racing facilities ... friendly welcome, warm coffee, and the work began. it took

EX370 kit will be fitted tomorrow on my car  ... Can't wait ! I plan to have it dynoed next week-end, on the same rolling road (even though I now know for sure front rollers  cannot be synchronized to

you mean dinos, then,  Bibs  ? I don't like them either  !  

Posted Images

7 hours ago, French Frie said:

I'm now in the workshop for the EX370 fitting, and will give you my first impressions by the end of the day, before another run on the same dyno in few days ...

Update needed :)

www.alias23.com

Yes, click on your profile at the very top right of the page, 'My attachments' is the 2nd one down under 'Content'. You can then delete pics using the trash can icon. 

We definitely need to see pics! I'm using a photosharing site anyway as mine is full also!

Car sounds good but I expect mine to feel uncontrollably rampant today also.

Off to drive a Sport 380 with a bit of luck so will see what the bum dyno makes of that!

:thumbup:

TBH, Norbert, I wouldn't have either :ph34r: ! it was more a cosmetic & "little" upgrade for me, waiting for the big one in the future ... it is supposed to give 25hp more, max., which a small improvement (7%), but as I wished, it also add  personality to the behaviour of the car (maybe are they playing with throttle response as well ?)... and it also deletes the roadster speed limiter :zorro: !

Glad to hear you are happy with the upgrade, Olivier.  The OEM airbox is somewhat convoluted as you can see - looks like you were due an air filter anyway!

12 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Does the covering trim covers go back on?

Yes the panels can go back on, but usually need a small trim on the return lip due to the volume of the airbox.

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111

It will be very difficult to capture the change of sound on a video w/o pro sound equipment... real live the Airbox makes a big difference, I can tell you...

Will be interesting to see how much of an increase you got on the dyno.

On 27/01/2017 at 20:54, Mark030358 said:

Does the covering trim covers go back on?

Here's the picture, with the panel cut :

IMG_1118.JPG

It may not seem, but there's a gap of about half a centimeter between the airbox and the panel ...

I had the opportunity to test the car this afternoon,  in spite of still cold and a bit wet roads ... I definitely confirm the car is  really more powerful ! In Sport mode, in first gear, the wheels were spinning, and the acceleration is really more "angry" ...

I tried to film it but unfortunately, as expected, it doesn't give any justice to the sound and the acceleration :( !

BREAKING NEWS ! 

I knew it, from the bottom of ... my butt :blush: ! I went to the rolling road this afternoon, the same one I used for the before measurement (different from the shop I used to have the EX370) ... temp was a bit higher than the first time (10°c Vs 07°c) , and pressure was a bit lower (992 mBar Vs 1009), but pretty comparable (and theorically corrected by Din norm anyway!).

I won't give your the result numbers now, but what I can say is that I 'm very pleased with them :P , and my butt impressions were correct ! Now, I'm a believer B-)...

• Like 2