free hit
counters
Dyno results : please show yours ! - Page 6 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Dyno results : please show yours !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so  ... here's my report !  yesterday was sunny but chilly, and I arrived after 1,5 hour of travel at the Exigence Racing facilities ... friendly welcome, warm coffee, and the work began. it took

EX370 kit will be fitted tomorrow on my car  ... Can't wait ! I plan to have it dynoed next week-end, on the same rolling road (even though I now know for sure front rollers  cannot be synchronized to

you mean dinos, then,  Bibs  ? I don't like them either  !  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, French Frie said:

thanks, Norbert :thumbup: ! added to the file ... BTW, your car is the first I see that makes the OEM expected output ... 

Let me be second:

everything Stock: 346 PS and 407 NM

I think also the other cars would show a similar result if the dyno is done on a proper 4 wheel drive dyno :-)

And to be perfectly honest with you, only the figures from NW look reasonable...  

Edited by Exige orange

I agree - the 4 wheel dyno is a big issue. If you dont use one of those, your results will be off. Talked to KT and in their experience the last generation of Exige usually are delivery what they should on the dyno...

7 hours ago, Exige orange said:

And to be perfectly honest with you, only the figures from NW look reasonable...  

thanks for the input ... But what do you mean by reasonable ? regarding your numbers, I can't remember what is the equivalence between PS and HP Din ...

PS: the numbers from Vone Racing (quite well reputed tuner here) are obtained on a 4 wheels sync rolling road :) ...

35 minutes ago, French Frie said:

thanks for the input ... But what do you mean by reasonable ? regarding your numbers, I can't remember what is the equivalence between PS and HP Din ...

It is the same: --> Metric horsepower (PS, cv, hk, pk, ks, ch)

DIN 66036 defines one metric horsepower as the power to raise a mass of 75 kilograms against the earth's gravitational force over a distance of one metre in one second;[18] this is equivalent to 735.49875 W or 98.6% of an imperial mechanical horsepower

It probably make sense to add a column to the overview that indicates if the results were obtained on a 4-wheel rolling road or on a 2-wheel. I am not sure if it is even possible (with what tricks ever) to get any realistic results on a 2-wheel.

• Like 1

Is it just me that finds dynos terrifying?! :huh:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

16 hours ago, French Frie said:

PS: the numbers from Vone Racing (quite well reputed tuner here) are obtained on a 4 wheels sync rolling road :) ...

Hi French Frie,

the numbers look a bit odd to me. The formula to calculate Ps or Kilowatt is P[kW]= Md[Nm] x n[1/s]

To make it easy, we can say, PS = Newtonmeter x rounds per Minute

Ps and Newtonmeter after the tuning seems to be measured at around 6200 rpm for all cars in your table, that looks ok and the result is reasonable for each car. What does not fit into it, are the figure before.

Your result before tuning for example, gives a result of 423 Newtonmeter, which is 23 NM more as the specs. At 6200rpm that should deliver 373 PS, which is pretty much what you have today after the tuning. Interestingly, you gained only 6 NM after the tuning. My conclusion from this, is that there was something measured completely wrong, or that nothing has really changed through the tuning. 

It gets even more worse: If we belive in the figures from the before tuning, you have reached this at arround 5400 rpm, and after the tuning at 6200. Again, there is something wrong with mostly all of the first measures. 

Another good example is the Evora: 391 Nm before (I think that is within the limits) but only 307 Ps. They applied only a tune file and afterwards it has 429 NM and 375PS??? That does not sound reasonable to me.

i would explain it like this: The first measure with 391 Nm was realistic, but the Ps is wrongly measured. According to the above formula, it should result in 345 PS which, again, is according to the specs.  After the tune, they have changed the dyno, and got 429 Nm which should be according to the math 378 PS, and they have achieved 375 PS

looking forward to your thoughts....

Max torque and bhp are pretty much always reached at different RPMs, with torque at lower RPMs. What you get in the outputs are the maximum figures and these are most likely at different RPMs before and after the changes. So you will have, for example, torque0 of 380Nm at 3,800 RPM, power0 of 340bhp at 6,600 RPM; then torque1 of 420Nm at 4,100Nm, power1 of 370bhp at 6,900 RPM. Which means you cannot just compare the numbers with the simple equation.

Power is primarily the product of boost, AFR and ignition advance. Normally it is much more interesting to see what changes between the setups and how does that affect the torque (and consequentially power) curve, not just maximum values.

Edited by vd9

You are right you do have max power and max torque with different rpm. The point I was trying to make is, that the figures do not match to each other.  

I doubt that it was measured correctly eg for french frie. It does not make any sense to have more torque as speced by Lotus before the tuning and less Bhp. Maybe what was provided was the bhp at the max torque. And as it was pointed out already before torque can remain flat and bhp is increasing with more rpm. 

Maybe we will never solve that mystery  I'm glad that my car is within the specs :-)

....and the dyno was a 4 wheel dyno.

anyways, intersting discussion.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just remap + air induction ? Looks like a very good result ! It does not even drop before limiter, impressive. An other example that you do not need more hardware change to get there ?

Edited by chumaxa
1 hour ago, chumaxa said:

Just remap + air induction ? Looks like a very good result ! It does not even drop before limiter, impressive. An other example that you do not need more hardware change to get there ?

Have you ordered your Li setup yet?

www.alias23.com