free hit
counters
Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige 380 vs Exige 360 Cup

DJW

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 minutes ago, mbes2 said:

They forgot to paint the wing mirror covers 

Least it's just the mirrors on his car.... ;):lol:

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Tempted to join in as Brands GP has long been on my list for the Exige but I've never managed it yet. Is everyone booked into the 'general car session' or the 'no race car session'?

What do you get for your extra £6 with the 'exclusive' session?

Shame it's not open pit lane but £319 isn't bad for the GP track.

I would imagine they are booking through Lotus On Track, rather than MSV.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

On 12/03/2017 at 20:26, M4rk said:

I had a great drive out today along the North Norfolk coast road which has some very good tight bends and S bend sections, I really got to feel just how good these cars are through corners!  I was not particularly pushing hard but left the traffic well behind though the bends.  B&C will be sorting out the noise I am getting from the roof, I've read that this is a problem others have had and the fix seems easy enough but I will leave it to them to sort.  Other than that all is going well.  Running in service is booked for Thursday.  

I took a pic when I pulled over for a short break.

IMG_1919.jpg

THAT IS LOVELY! Sorry for shouting :) 

• 4 weeks later...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks @Bibs that is very helpful information.

@550superfast Gary, I am sure your right I suppose I just need a bit more confidence.  A S1 Elise spun off and said hello to the armco so I think that was a factor in me holding back a bit.

I did notice in tour as the evening went on that traction was cutting in when I thought it shouldn't, probably more due to getting the power down a bit early perhaps or it is just too sensitive as I was then pushing harder.  So, yes, I definitely do need to move up to race mode, a full day at Brands will be great fun.

@M4rkRace mode is like witchcraft but it won't give you any more rear slip than touring in all likelihood. Maybe one moment at the start of a session while it works out the grip levels but after that it's pretty unreal.  Sport gives a lot more slack in that regard. Race mode is quickest for outright pace but I really enjoyed Snetterton last month on a damp greasy track in sport mode, even with no rear brakes and totally heat cycled corsas. Lots more movement at the rear while still having a safety net. I havent had the balls to turn everything off yet and I'm not sure I ever will! 

So by the look of the fb teaser, the new Cup is coming.

17904297_1480591978651909_59590188867568

Questions being how much weight it managed to shed and will it have a power bump. price will probably be quite close to the 100k. So who is about to jump on that one? 

And it looks like it has already been abused on track by the significant scratch at the bottom of the picture that wasn't doctored by the photoshop artist at Hethel.

Edited by NedaSay

I don't think there's much weight to come out of a Sport 380 in the lightest spec (that nobody ever ordered!). Hopefully it will be sub-1100kg wet somehow.

I can't see it being near £100k though, why would it be so much more expensive than the Evora Sport 410? The last V6 Cup was £62k and there weren't many options for the price. A similarly specc'd V6S was £65k so the V6 Cup was actually good value, not that anyone noticed at the time.

My guess would be high £70k's basic, creeping over £80k with extra carbon bits but we'll see soon enough.

1 minute ago, alias23 said:

Just been advised the new Cup will have a chassis mounted rear wing, extended front splitter, LSD (wow!) and 390bhp.

I suppose it should also be not too loud... Who do I pay the deposit to? :blush:

Given the 400 has an LSD, it seems sensible to offer on other cars now.

Is there a reason not to?