free hit
counters
Glovebox inner - a conundrum for that Swindon bloke? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Glovebox inner - a conundrum for that Swindon bloke?

Part no. A082V7835K.  Many moons ago, Bibs gave me this when I needed one for my 1989 carb turbo.  However, here was no way it was going in there!  It appeared entirely the wrong shape.  I consigned it to a dusty corner and forgot about it.  Found it again the other day and did a bit of nosing around, but I'm none the wiser as info seems to conflict.

So, what does this fit?

IMAG1908.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Won't be the last time your seen in a darkened after hours car park with something in your hand

I’m gonna get fried knackers. The smell was dreadful and I managed to get red paint on the oven racks. She had to clean the oven out afterwards.

Sod off, you saw how well the last one went.  Looks like a Scotsman will win.

Posted Images

Love to, but I don't think it does!  Confused.com

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

But Steve's site also says it fits a Stevens.  Maybe I was having a bad day (it was several years ago and I'm having a stem cell moment), but as I recall there was no way that was going into mine.  I'd ask for an insitu photo, but where would I find a bonkers S3 owner at this hour?

I had the glovebox inner out of mine when I did the interior refurb and it didn't look like that. 

There is no front 'bar' (the part with the 2 rectangular holes) and at the back there was a narrow top panel. Pretty sure it's not from a Stevens then...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Nope, this bit ain't going in there, unless you insert it with a sledgehammer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Nope, this bit ain't going in there, unless you insert it with a sledgehammer.

Yeah got a hammer just like that. Anti roll bar bushes needed one.

Only here once

Yeah, yeah, I've already been there!  So, early Stevens?  G cars?  It's all rather ambiguous.  Still won't accept it until I see it wiv me own eyes.

I getcha. The part numbers for the LHD and RHD drive glovebox inners are different in the official parts manual, but this one is to be found in several places and they  point to the pre-'88 Turbo:

http://www.thelotuscentreonline.co.uk/Inner-Glovebox

But then I have found a link to SJ and it also features in their 1988 to 1992 price list?

https://www.sjsportscars.co.uk/files/lotus-esprit1988to1992-price-list.pdf

Ah, it is in the '88 to '92 Lotus parts manual (as a J suffix, presumably the K is a detail change)?

turbo glove box inner 3.JPG

I wonder why it wouldn't go in yours then? Perhaps it has the wrong part number on it. Let me check all the models and pics...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
On 1/22/2017 at 16:30, Barrykearley said:

It stinks like an old tramps been living in it and using the ensuite facilities as well :cry:

You must have stayed in the highest of quality places Barry. But yes from an S3, oh and I don't need it so feel free.

23 hours ago, Sparky said:

Sparky, you are an absolute star, regardless what that old codger who used to own a V8 said about you earlier.

• Like 1

That guy?  No taste.  So, how do we effect the transfer?  Some dodgy car park in Leeds?

• Gold FFM

Yep, the guy who has just posted a pic of some rotted out rear bulkhead no sign of woodworm yet, but then he maybe hasn't sat in it long enough yet to infest the cabin. Get a price for sticking it in a jiffy bag or something similar and let me know the postage. If you have one, pm me with Paypal details and I will get you paid pronto.