free hit
counters
Bugger!! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

So after 5 weeks sitting in the garage, today looked like an Esprit day, but alas after connecting the battery she won't bloody start!! 

Gutted, MOT runs out on Thursday so off to GST for service soon and get her back on the road they really don't like sitting around do they! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She lives!, 4 hours on the CTEK ( thank you Stuart) took a bit of persuading but she started me and the boy took her out for a spin. So three chats and 4 photos from people it's back in that garage aw

Conditioning charger is the way forward if you have power in your garage. CTEK are the most popular on here however ones for Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which one) work great for about £13-14. 

I got to be honest you know when you sort of know it's not going to startI have used it every week and never left it for this long but what with Christmas, salt on the road, holiday I didn't use it. I

Conditioning charger is the way forward if you have power in your garage. CTEK are the most popular on here however ones for Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which one) work great for about £13-14. 

I have four of them and they work a treat. My CTEK looks a bit posher but I just want my cars to start.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I got to be honest you know when you sort of know it's not going to startI have used it every week and never left it for this long but what with Christmas, salt on the road, holiday I didn't use it. I am going to send it up to Gerald to get sorted. 

I was really looking forward to a blast today as well 

• Like 1

+1 for the CTEK. Hard connected to the battery terminals. They come with a quick release connector so no touching the battery.

Mine had sat for the same sort of period over Dec / Xmas and she fired up first time last week.

Hope all goes well with your MOT. Mine's a Dec MOT, I'm gonna get a new June MOT this. easier to sort / arrange stuff in the summer!

• Gold FFM

I had the same problem Sunday morning. :-( My SE had been sitting on the driveway for 2 weeks due to snow/ice/salt and just managed to struggle to life (first attempt) on Saturday for a late night run. I did cover some distance, about 130km with just one stop, but all the time with the headlights and heaterfan on. Come Sunday morning she refused to be (ab)used for an early run to the shops for pastries, engine turning over slowly but not starting, despite several attempts. Outside temperature of -7°C probably didn't help... Put her on the Ctek for half a day, engine spinning considerably faster but still took me 5 attempts to get her going and keep her alive. Not sure what to look for, but I need her up and reliable again. If I take the Esprit to my misses, I can only park on the streets and will have no support or backup to get to work the next day. I'll check the alternator output, assuming she starts first time tomorrow.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a battery master switch...switch it OFF and I can leave it for months and no problems.

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

John I have got one of them as well but it needed a bit of a boost now seems fine just need to sort MOT and service then we are back out to play