free hit
counters
Evora S1 ambient lighting - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora S1 ambient lighting

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I can't see the point of it full stop to be honest. Just a gimmick really. Yes, looks nice but...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

ebay has DIY LED lighting like this that you could add easily without having to mess with the car.......

might be better than hacking your loom.......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Thanks agentdr8, that's a great effort. Personally I wouldn't want to resort to operating the dome light manually. It would have to be a 'complete' solution.

If you could write up the next part, I'd really appreciate it.

Ideally I'd want somebody to test the whole thing before I'd attempt it myself.

Dear Dave,

that's an excellent write up and idea ... but I do think that I do also need maybe some more help to apply that instruction :D ... 

Could you do a photo as well of how that is looking like right not in your footwell? and now asking maybe too much ... post a link to the relay you used? ... seems like 12V relays are an absolute standard part which can be sourced from everywhere

Best

Christian

Edited by Christian Ernst

Sure thing Christian. You can use any 12V SPDT automotive relay; I opted to use a micro-relay I had lying around, which I'll be replacing with a 2ch relay module once I locate that dome light wire. And if you didn't want to get a relay module, you could adapt the wiring to a single DPDT relay and achieve the same result. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 03:23, Brendonian said:

Thanks. That's fantastic. I'm just waiting to see if you can find the wires for the dome light.

Success! I spent a few hours today installing my amp and subwoofer, and while I had it all apart, I located that dome light purple & white wire, and successfully cabled it up to my 2ch relay module. Now I have dome light fade in/fade out during ingress/egress and mood lighting when headlights are on. I took more pictures and will post them up tomorrow (err, later today); time to get some rest. 

• Like 2