free hit
counters
Norfolk Meet 20th Feb Bird in Hand - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Norfolk Meet 20th Feb Bird in Hand

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, a great evening, thanks for making us welcome. It was good to put some faces to names & have a good old mardle. +1 on the food also. Tim (& Lena)  

I discussed the idea of a summer BBQ at mine (20 mins south of Norwich) in the summer to muster as many Lotus's as possible and maybe have a meeting focussed around cars/projects/collective help rathe

Yes, but only as we were leaving so only those in the back row under the car park light ... were a few more lurking in the dark. Excellent evening...  

Posted Images

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one, I'll be in Daytona. I'd love to say I'll be sorry but I would be lying :D

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Anymore for anymore  @phil flash  @andydclements @oilmagnet477 @Bravo73 @JAWS@Orsom Weels @Nifty @OwenGT3 @PaulCP 

@Buddsy what's the chaps name , Simon ?V6 VOV. Not sure of his username. Can you think of anyone else local ? 

1 hour ago, clivef38 said:

CliveF

e loody rilliant to see you there

uddsy :lol:

56 minutes ago, Stuart Monument said:

what's the chaps name , Simon ?V6 VOV. Not sure of his username. Can you think of anyone else local ? 

@simonf or @i like cocopops I asked him on his Lotus facebook page as well as anyone else.

Buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I will endeavour to be there.

Won't have a Lotus running but might get Percy out to play !!

Nifty

Edited by Nifty
  • Like 1

Keep off the straight and narrow

I'll be there unless a bit of work just north of Hull gets in the way ... Have to confirm nearer the date. Quite a few weeks away - will Buddsy remember ?  

John Mountain often comes so I've sent info to his Faceache page. His page shows his M100 is in lots of pieces so he might be busy.

Edited by phil flash
  • Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

12 hours ago, Nifty said:

I will endeavour to be there.

Won't have a Lotus running but might get Percy out to play !!

Nifty

Is that the command thingy?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

No problem uddsy. The bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB is know fixed i could take the stick no longer.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Nifty said:

...might get Percy out to play !!

Nifty

Mind you don't get arrested ....Percy

• Like 1

Keep meaning to come along. Will see if I can persuade Simon out of the garage, and away from the engine rebuild for an evening. 

• Like 2

I have put it in my diary! You should get your old man to ask mine @Stuart Monumentand they can scamper off to a corner and talk about old times :) Again.....:wallbash:

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On 24/01/2017 at 18:57, phil flash said:

Mind you don't get arrested ....Percy

I wasn't aware of that film .. .'til now.

Is that where the phrase "point Percy at the porcelain" comes from, or was the term Percy already in use for the decribed appendage ?

(Isn't British cultural history fascinating :P )

Buddsy,

You are correct .. only I need to get him MoT'd and not sure if I'll be able to find the time before 20th :driving:

Keep off the straight and narrow

1 hour ago, Nifty said:

I wasn't aware of that film .. .'til now.

Is that where the phrase "point Percy at the porcelain" comes from, or was the term Percy already in use for the described appendage ?

(Isn't British cultural history fascinating :P )

Think it started with that film which was very popular.  About a year later a film called The Adventures of Barry Mackenzie based on the Private Eye cartoon character written by Barry Humphries (of Dame Edna etc fame) had the character say " Now listen mate, I need to splash the boots. You know, strain the potatoes. Water the horses. You know, go where the big knobs hang out. Shake hands with the wife's best friend. Drain the dragon. Siphon the python. Ring the rattlesnake. You know, unbutton the mutton.  Like, point Percy at the porcelain. Exercise the one eyed trouser snake."  After that "Point Percy at the porcelain" started being used as a relatively inoffensive euphemism...

So why is yours called Percy?