free hit
counters
Norfolk Meet 20th Feb Bird in Hand - Page 3 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Buddsy

Norfolk Meet 20th Feb Bird in Hand

Does anyone even list the daily, or in our case bad weather daily in their profile? Ours being a very muddy and ancient rav4.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
41 minutes ago, NR2k said:

Does anyone even list the daily, or in our case bad weather daily in their profile? Ours being a very muddy and ancient rav4.

Nope, I don't. I'm hoping we don't get snow as my "really bad weather daily" has no engine while I deal with a Subaru Forester cracked oil pickup pipe. I always use my M100 Elan a few times a week, all year round, so it's my 'daily' at the moment. Get's a bit muddy but it's plastic and the mud washes off... :lol:

Thr single seaters are not the best for nappy storage on the Aldi run Buddsy! 

It it would be ok @phil flash if half of them didnt need bolting together or refurbishing work, think I got a little excited. Now selling some bits off. Nice lotus 7 anyone ? 

Budsy - Wasn't the Type 34 the Indy car that ran on alcohol ? Perhaps he's in Aldi looking for cheap gin for it.. :lol:

Stuart - thought maybe Evora & Elise would be runners, and Excel had a good reputation for reliability.  I've still got a head to change on the Eclat and a lot of other things to do so probably shouldn't have bought the Plus 2, but the price looked too good to miss so couldn't resist ... it's that Lotus addiction isn't it?

The cheap gin burns well, plus if you breakdown it always turns in to a booby prize. 

Yes it certainly is a lotus addiction. Will probably turn up in a excel! 

I'm in, do you want to pop round to mine en-route buddsy. I will see if we can drag andydclements out for a pint too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simonf said:

I'm in, do you want to pop round to mine en-route buddsy. I will see if we can drag andydclements out for a pint too

Cor! Simonf! Yep Ill pick you up!

buddsy 

How many is that?  I think we'll need a bigger.. er.. table.

• Like 1

Weather still looking ok. 

Many people eating?

Yes. I've eaten every time, along with most people there, hence my comment about 'bigger table' ...  

Sitting down to eat stops me drinking more than I should when driving.

Wasn't at January meet due to skiing in Courchevel but it seems some hungry folks never got to eat. Must be too polite!

• Like 1

Looked through this post and we seem to be missing some essential info for newcomers so thought I'd better copy Buddsy's post from last year to clarify ....

"About 7.00 in the car park then inside for some excellent grub."

Just a snack for me.

Is that the snack where you end up with so much food you get a spare burger to take home with you too?

buddsy

Could be:whistle:

• Like 1

Reminder gents that the meet is tomorrow  night. 7-7.15 at the Bird in hand. Daily drivers welcome if the weather is poor or your lotus is not in fettle. Most of us eat but feel free to come just for a drink.

Hopefully see some new and old faces 

14 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Hopefully see some new and old faces 

Im bringing my old face...hope thats ok? :lol:

buddsy

Oh damn... just about to leave when I spotted water coming out of a rusty hole near the top of the radiator...  so minor delay while I sorted out a big plastic tray and bowl to catch the water.

Lucky it was in the house and not on the car....  see you soon...

• Like 1

Top night guys and gal! 

16 people in total with some new faces and cars. Now just for some better weather and some drives out. 

• Like 1

Excellent evening.  Good food too I thought.  If this can maintained through the summer with 1 or 2 runs out would be great.  Saying that I shall be away next month but see you April 17th

• Like 1

Did anyone take pictures.

• Like 1

Not me.  I even charged my camera but then left it at home!