free hit
counters
Ingliston Revival, 13th & 14th May 2017 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ingliston Revival, 13th & 14th May 2017

• Gold FFM

This year see the second running of what the organisers hope will become a regular biennial event, celebrating the 'golden years' of motor racing at Ingliston.

However, for those who were there in 2015, forget most of what went on then as the format this time around is significantly different.

The biggest change is that there will be an age (or perhaps more correctly, a newness) limit for the cars - essentially, they are restricting the entries to encompass only cars built before 1995 to reflect those that could have attended a race meeting back in the day. The main core event over the weekend, will be a Sprint Race run under MSA General Regulations interspersed with parade lap sessions for non-competing display cars. Running alongside. the Scottish Motor Show will be taking place in the Highland Centre exhibition hall.

Undoubtedly, the 1995 cut-off will render a lot of our cars ineligible for entry and so we won't be able to have a general club display such as we have at most other events throughout the year. In light of this major restriction it is probably best if anyone still interested and still eligible to enter does so as an individual, using the links in their website : http://www.ingliston.co.uk/revival/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o.  I wasn't home anyway but that is disappointing for sure.  I was on their e-mailing list but didn't pick that out of the little stuff that came though about a week ago.  I thought in that that they still had a section for Car Clubs but at that point it was details to follow.  You obviously have them now. :(

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 2 weeks later...

There must be enough Pre-95 Loti in this club to generate a club stand?  Are the Elan, Elite, Excel people less into this. Seems to me there's a sweet spot for 60s and 70's Loti to be the interesting sports cars in a sea of Salloons and hatchbacks. :)

The cut off last year was 2000. Those 5 years cut out all modern Loti. It's a shame but I get the intent, the track closed for good around 1995 so makes sense as a cut off. The event had a lot of promise so if you are in position if an older Lotus this would be a great show to dust it off for. 

B-)