free hit
counters
ITG Panel Filter - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Fortis

ITG Panel Filter

I have ordered a ITG panel filter today but it might take a few weeks before it arrives. Apparently it's a hand made item.

I will take a few pics when I receive it and let you know if it helps with throttle response.     

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very good filters imo and highly regarded in the rally world also :)

A

The filter arrived in the post yesterday, I thought it might have taken a little longer for it to arrive.

So today I had some spare time and fitted it, which only took about 5 minutes. I started the car before and after fitting just to make sure everything was all right :)

I will have to wait now until 1st March as the car is on SORN, before I can take it for a blast.  

6B7M0cq.jpg

j5clLvC.jpg

Interesting I have just received my KN air filter. It will be fitted during the next service in few days.

Not sure that I want to replace it myself :blush:

Edited by geartox

the KN air filter has been fitted. I have noticed a "little" sound difference from the back, hard to describe it but it's an improvement :lol:

Just been out in the car for the first time since fitting the ITG panel filter. Really pleased with it , it has deffo improved throttle response :thumbup:

Not noticed much difference in noise but I wasn't expecting any really. I will need to wait until the car is out of warranty before fitting the SSC induction that is sat on a shelf in the garage, that does sound better B-)

When you say it has improved throttle response, does this mean that it reacts quicker enough so that you can easily do blips when down changing as my car and others I test drove before buying, simply reacted very slowly and you either get no blip or overblip and is so far my main problem with the car in any mode

Martin S

Hi Martin

Yes I too found that to be the case, it felt as though the car lagged a bit when you touched the throttle pedal. Had it with my LF1 and the Sport 350.

I would say after fitting the SSC induction kit to the LF1 that it transformed the throttle response, the ITG panel filter keeping the standard airbox improves the response but means you are not modding the car to invalidate warranty. Also fitting the SSC might be an issue regarding insurance as you would need to declare it .

On 3 March 2017 at 08:37, MARTIN_S said:

When you say it has improved throttle response, does this mean that it reacts quicker enough so that you can easily do blips when down changing as my car and others I test drove before buying, simply reacted very slowly and you either get no blip or overblip and is so far my main problem with the car in any mode

Martin S

I struggled to heel & toe when I first go my V6, now I find it pretty easy. It just takes a bit of time then you'll be able to easily do it :)

On 3/1/2017 at 18:37, Fortis said:

Just been out in the car for the first time since fitting the ITG panel filter. Really pleased with it , it has deffo improved throttle response :thumbup:

Not noticed much difference in noise but I wasn't expecting any really. I will need to wait until the car is out of warranty before fitting the SSC induction that is sat on a shelf in the garage, that does sound better B-)

Fortis,  are you buying the SSC from there website or is there a UK supplier? 

It says this item has been sold.. Shame I missed out.

Does anyone with this SSC kit recommend it? I'm look for an increase in induction noise and throttle response.  

Does the ITG panel filter alone improve the throttle response enough to remove the slight lag when trying to blip the throttle during downshifts?

Where is the best place to buy them, and how much are they?

Any improvement was at best minimal.

Got mine from merlin Motorsport and they are made to order apparently.

Martin S

You know it is never the case for panel filter anyway .. Nothing such as magical if you keep that massive air box ..