free hit
counters
Red steering wheels - hell yeah/hell no? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Red steering wheels - hell yeah/hell no?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Jimmy's car is pure class. Being from down south and near Essex I would have thought the red alcantara wheel was top of your list @JayEmm@JayEmm  .... lol....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

ali_g_with_car.JPG

Have to say, in red leather it is miles better than alcantara. Alcantara does not work for me in any colour other than black.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

Was that picture after you'd done the Atkins or the 8 hour diet?

I tried the Atkins once. Problem was I ended up having steak for tea with a couple of bottles of red every night.

I nearly won a contract for Bear to lay tarmac after 3 months on that diet!

Was that picture taken in Woodbridge by any chance...?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Looks to me like you can take the man out of the Porsche but evidently not the Porsche out of the man... looking at you too Mr LF1! ;)

Hang your heads in shame non-believers!

TWK4eoa_zpsxi2c5zym.jpg

511818d3f7c84025170ca07f595a23f1_zpsdc50

aH0OZY1l_zps3pmoxbk8.jpg

I vote for a TLF correctional facility for ex-Porsche offenders. You have to stare at pictures of red steering wheels until they start to look absolutely stunning.

Quite a bit of work to do here by the look of it! 

;)

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Ouch. No, no, no. OMG, really!

I hate the newer ( MY12 onwards ) steering wheels for the Evora. There is just too much sculpting going on. Why can't we just go back to slighter smaller diameter, ROUND, more chunky ones.  Don't need all this sculpting/shaping/flat bottomed nonsense.  Bet that was another bloody trend from our Porsche/Audi fanboys.... Yuck....

Sorry Andy but I have to disagree with you on this. Having had all 3 MY11, MY12 and 400 the MY12 wheel is the nicest. It's very tactile, just feels so much more quality than the original. I know yours has been redone, but I nearly asked to transfer the MY12 on to the 400 when I swapped. Still wish I had actually.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I'm a no. Sorry.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I like it, and I like alcantara too. But then I like leather more ;)

Ahhh! the scent of red plastic alcantara.. Nah. But the scent of good old well kept Connolly leather is juuuuust fine.

On the other hand: If someone is having an S4 steering Wheel extra, sell it to me asap, and I'll cover it in alcantara, install it in ly Esprit, and show it here ;) Guaranteed.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

ps: But what I donøt like is ugly car radios. So maybe we should start a thread on that?

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)