free hit
counters
Evora 400 - alpine head unit I-pod malfunction - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
FGA

Evora 400 - alpine head unit I-pod malfunction

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced a sudden i-pod malfunction on their alpine INE - W990BT head unit. Symptoms are with the I-pod plugged in  and I-pod selected the message on the head unit screen reads "I-pod Disconnecting" and doesn't play. I've tried the I-pod in another car and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've had the unit not detect or drop out my USB several times. Usually unplugging it and plugging back in solves it.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

How old is ipod? Not had any issues with my iPhone 6s or indeed my iPhone 7 now. Bluetooth and USB.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

It's an Old i-pod nano. It's ancient but was working ok until last night. I've tried unplugging and plugging again but it still doesn't work.

Try doing a hard reboot on the iPod. My iPod classic does this occasionally. Does it on both my cars so it's not specific to the 400.

No idea why but giving it a reboot fixes it.

Tris...

Possibly worth updating firmware on the unit. Lotus ship them with ancient firmware.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

And upgrade the iPod... it's the apple way :lol:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Cheers guys.

The iPod connectivity is working again. I started the car up, the head unit screen turned blue for about 5 seconds and when it rebooted, the iPod started working. it seems to have reset itself. Very strange but all back to normal now.

CocoPops is right though I need to upgrade the iPod.?

Rather than spend £hundreds on an ipod we've just got one of these in each car. Pull them out every now and again to add any new music then plug them back in and forget them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SanDisk-64-GB-Ultra-Fit-USB-3-0-Flash-Drive-SDCZ43-064G-GAM46-/311432426787?hash=item4882d1b523:g:KwAAAOSwPYZU-E5-

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.