free hit
counters
New 2008 S240 Exige owner needs to source manuals - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
watamu

New 2008 S240 Exige owner needs to source manuals

Hi everyone

I am a "new" Exige owner (I have a short post in the Introductions sub-forum). I have never owned or even driven one before (just sold my 1993 Porsche 3.6 Turbo after 15 years and had other oldish Porsches before that).  I have managed to source a 2008 S240 that is sitting in Dubai in a private collection - never registered and with only 80 miles on the clock!! Has top specs. and all three packs. I have to wait at least three weeks for my car as it is coming by sea to my home in south of Spain. 

I am buying it unseen (but through a reputable UK dealer) and would very much like to see the manuals for the car.  I have Googled and tried here (but "manuals" seems to be all about manual gearboxes!). I am reading here and other Lotus sites about all the advice I can find. Does anyone have electronic copies of the manuals or know where I could get them? It would be nice when I collect the car at the docks to at least know how to start it :ermm:

5895a9e627cf9_unnamed(18).jpg.a877f862874056f807f94b64ceb0ad01.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The supplying (or any) dealer will be able to order you in a set of manuals for the car. You don't really need a parts manual though, you can see all that online here - www.deroure.com

You can download all of the various service manuals for your car from here:

http://vsic.lotuscars.com/

You will have to pay for a subscription but, IIRC, a day subscription is only a few pounds. 

Thanks for the reply.  Had a look at this site but it really only has the service notes guides.  I am really after the actual owner's manuals (books) that come with the new car.

Cheers

Thanks guys.  Reckon I will have to try that. Only thing is I will have to order from the UK and get them posted to the depths of inland Spain.  Car will probably arrive before they do hehe

Order them through Bibs. If you get your 'FFM', he can get you a discount. 

I have scanned a copy of the supplement Exige handbook but posted it in your introductions page by mistake 

9 hours ago, philcool said:

I have scanned a copy of the supplement Exige handbook but posted it in your introductions page by mistake 

Oh wow - that is so kind of you.  What a nice bunch of people.  I am going to enjoy this forum I can tell :)

Regards

Richard

The main handbook has 143 pages of the same size  and would take ages to scan but if you need to know any particular information I can scan those pages but hopefully you can get a hard copy from a UK dealer just thought the supplement may be harder to source

The S240 is very different to a Porsche I've been lucky enough to drive

Cayman

Cayman S PDK

991 Carrera PDK

the resent Boxster Spider

and the 2.0 Turbo Macan PDK

and only the Boxster spider was as much fun in a slightly different way but at triple the cost so enjoy your new acquisition Richard looks great  :) 

No worries - the supplement is fine.  I should get a full set of everything with the car when it arrives.  I only want to know how to start and stop it and use any other bits and pieces like the lights etc.  Your scanned copy means I can swot things up in advance and then drive the car home from the docks in the dark if necessary without having to look stuff up at the same time.

It is going to be a looooong 3 weeks till I get the car.  Luckily I have to go to India to work for 10 days so that will use up some of the time!

You have driven some premium cars or what!!  I have only had a couple of 964 turbos - first an 89 3.3 and then my 93 964 3.6 Turbo. Eventually it had to go.  Too much of a responsibility as they now command ridiculous prices.  Here are a couple of examples, though i didn't get anything like those dollars - the market has really collapsed from those highs.  Also, because the last owner changed out the Euro instruments for English ones - thereby killing any authenticity for mileage figures.  Quite a few other issues but still an awesome car.  I reckon, though, that the Exige will be more than a equal replacement

58977bc27fe51_Auctionsalesof9643_6Ts.png.0a3191ac66f89836210b91852d45e697.png

Your further up the car tree than me as all the porsches  were my mates he's had some cars but luckily lets me have a go but funnily enough he's never driven the Exige as he said he didn't have the confidence to have a go and out off all my mates only two have had a drive thinking about it, when I took it for a test drive it took a few miles to even get half used to it and was surprised when the salesman said give it the beans then we were both surprised was a little quite in the cabin after that well we both ended up with a good day as he got his sale and I got a great car that's been reliable in the past 5 years only had a new battery and alloy radiator and a couple of toe links seems to have less issues than the Evoras at least reading on hear it does. Go steady in the wet especially if you've got the AO48s fitted spun mine twice you soon learn sum restraint.    

Looks nice, great find :-)

With the performance pack I believe it should have the forged wheels rather than the standard Y spokes, worth asking the UK dealer if they are available.. 

1 hour ago, bryno said:

Looks nice, great find :-)

With the performance pack I believe it should have the forged wheels rather than the standard Y spokes, worth asking the UK dealer if they are available.. 

Sorry - not at all familiar with the ins and outs of Exige wheels. I have never even seen one "in the flesh" as it were - not too many where I live in Spain. :rofl:All I have seen of the car so far is the picture posted above.  The car is coming from Dubai by sea (where the owner lives).  The UK dealer is only acting as a third party escrow for the sale.  Are you saying that - from the picture above - it looks as if the wheels are standard "Y's" rather than forged?  If so, I guess that is what I am getting (I don't even know who the owner is and have not spoken to him).  I think what I see is what I get in this instance.  Not sure the dealer will/would know either.

Yes the wheels are the regular Y spokes in the pics, I thought the forged wheels came with the performance pack, but maybe they were an additional option in 2008, i'd certainly not lose sleep over that, its a stunning car that :-)

1 hour ago, bryno said:

Yes the wheels are the regular Y spokes in the pics, I thought the forged wheels came with the performance pack, but maybe they were an additional option in 2008, i'd certainly not lose sleep over that, its a stunning car that :-)

No idea but I am so excited that I will overlook the wheels issue.  They look great to me!