Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
M100 alternator - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

M100 alternator

clivef38

Hi all. I started my Elan a week ago after not started it for a couple of weeks. I have had no signs of problems upto this time. The alternator for some strange reason is seized solid !!!. Is this a common fault or am i just unlucky. It looks an arse to get off.:wallbash:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Clive,

I have just suffered an identical problem - working perfectly one day and seized the next.

They are only available on an exchange basis and it is a horrible job to do with very little space around it. It is, however, possible to change without removing the driveshaft or suspension components but you may have to take the power steering reservoir off of its bracket to give better access at the top.

It definitely involved much cursing and swearing and took about three hours!

Thanks Dave. I have just printed off the how to do it off the Elan Central website. I have decided to do the cam belt and water pump at the same time. Just waiting for dry weather as i will be doing it on the drive.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...