free hit
counters
Lotus to ISO harness? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi there

i have just written a little intro about my car but already have a specific question..

i enjoy DAB in m other cars, specifically Radio 6 and the Huey show.

so... I have bought the Alpine DAB add on and whipped the head unit out last night W990BT to have a look around. It seems that Lotus have not attached the full Alpine to ISO harness on the head unit but attached a custom one. It looks like it is missing the Headunit leads out to enable the attachment of the DAB unit.

i wish to go all the way back to the Lotus, white loom connector.

this would mean (other than adding a few grams of weight) Lotus to ISO, then ISO to headunit. This I think is cleaner and will allow me to swap the headunit out very easily if I can't get on with the current one.

so.. does anyone know the source or spec of the Lotus to ISO harness???

many thanks

Gregory

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Basically Lotus create their own mini loom, as you've found from the large white connector to the Alpine connector.

This has been the same since the first Evora, where they did an alpine mini loom, then switched to Pioneer for a while, then back to (a different) alpine.

Easiest way, would be to get a car side ISO loom and create your own mini loom, then you could use the standard ISO to Alpine. However, space might be an issue behind there.

Thanks for this.

It looks like there is rather a lot of room, perhaps this is because the 990BT unit is an 'all in one'.

Does Lotus use another manufacturer loom? Ie is the white connector from a Vauxhall or something?

If not I shall try to find the same white connector and build a Lotus to ISO connector.

I'm happy with the basic sound quality, I just don't want additional units like the EZI Dab etc cluttering the cockpit.

This was for my old Evora, but shows what Lotus supply. I swapped from alpine to pioneer, hence buying the car to pioneer harness.

A1FB12B4-8ABA-4780-9EFF-CC907759F378_zps

So you could buy that, chop off the black connector and add the ISO blocks instead.

Its about £30 from memory. I've tried looking at deroure and cannot find the part number for the current "400 loom to Alpine" harness.

I also have the wiring diargam and PinOuts for the white connector in another of my threads on here, I'll try and find it for you.

Smashing! With that I shall try to find the connector in Maplins and then join it to a generic ISO-wire harness.

cheers

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 19:20, CocoPops said:

I came across this, and intend to use it:

Alpine pin out

Here is the color coding for the wires:

BLACK : GND

BlUE : Remote SW (Subwoofer)

Green : Reverse

Thin black : Handbrake

White-black : LH-

White: LH+

Grey-black : RH-

Grey: RH+

Yellow : Speed signal

Red-black : Illumination

Pink : IGN

Violet : BATT+

Along with this:

techpack_zps0ufavtbj.jpg

I think my plan of attack is to buy an ISO extension lead similar (or same) as this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celsus-AIS2101-ISO-Lead-Extension/dp/B000TNPN7I/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1429035576&sr=1-4&keywords=iso+extension

This would allow me to end up with a standard ISO connector in the car, rather than a Lotus/Alpine bodge.

There you go, hopefully that helps :)

hi, do you know if i wanted to fit an after market pioneer it that the lead i need ? 

On 07/01/2019 at 16:11, NevO said:

hi, do you know if i wanted to fit an after market pioneer it that the lead i need ? 

Yes that is the lead you need but you still need to cut some wires and solder it to an iso block or the wires provided by the new pioneer stereo (use the diagram above as a guide).  It isn't a straight plug and play.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2017 at 10:28, GER said:

Smashing! With that I shall try to find the connector in Maplins and then join it to a generic ISO-wire harness.

cheers

This is no longer an option. You could try Comet or maybe British Home Stores instead.