free hit
counters
Esprit manual section JF - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit manual section JF

• Gold FFM

Anyone got a copy ? It's the bit for the abs brakes on the S4 - the delco system?

seems I've got lots of other bits but not this one. Off to plug into espritmon and see what it says

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I shall be looking with ernest this week - can't be that hard to sort out. 

The abs sure doesn't work though as I've locked up the front once on hard braking.

The pump runs - when you press the peddle - it often runs again - so it's either a leak of a pressure switch issue - will need to investigate 

Only here once

No ABS light on the dash?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

If the pump runs when you press the brakes then that's why your ABS light is on or flashing.  Your switch is sending a low pressure signal.

Either your system is full of air, the accumulator is weak, or the pressure switch is going.  First step is to bleed the brakes properly (per the manual) and hope that does it. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Cheers chap - yes that's the plan.

its had all new brakes in the last year or so - they had issues bleeding them apparently!! We shall see - but it can't be that hard to sort - just having the time is my problem presently

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Just read the bleeding process - hmmm - after all the other choice things I've found - I hold out very little hope that they were actually bled as per that set of instructions :lol:

Only here once

I found after fitting the new front calipers and flexible lines, it took a while to get the air out of front system. The rears were a piece of cake to do with the solenoids. The added bonus is that the wife is now an expert on brake bleeding, so if you need any advice.................

Margate Exotics.