free hit
counters
EX 460 - friday was the day - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

EX 460 - friday was the day

Such miserable weather here the last week (except the two days I was on a business trip) that I have made less than 100km.:(

Plan for next weekend is to install the radio and dash. Hopefully the weather will get better soon. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I finally got the long awaited Exige Ex460 JPS. Unfortunately the weather is too cold for summer tires, it was like driving on glas this morning.

After a long weekend of work I present the Ex460 dashboard. Still some fine tuning and adjustments to do, but more than satisfied with the results. Also need to finish configuration of the head unit.

FInally I had the chance to wash the car and make a quick walkaround video with emphasis on the wing. BTW: we will be exchanging the Union Jacks on the wing with a more subtle design.

Posted Images

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Yes, same unit. As it is single DIN the control unit will go in the usual radio slot. It is only connected to the screen through a cable.

Beyond that, a heavily cut carbon airbag panel and 3 3D-printed pieces.

• Like 1

Interesting solution Thomas!

Do you plan to still use the central vents?

For the reverse cam, I will use a wireless solution on my side (I just received the receiver)

I am very curious to see the final result of your integration.

The screen will be at the same vertical angle as the instrument cluster.

I sacrifice the central vents for now, but have some ideas for those also if I do need them. There is some much plastic for such a small vent. :o

• Like 2

On 14.2.2017 at 08:07, NW76 said:

Wind tunnel testing ... cool ... I hope they come up with a serious track aero package ...

See here! http://komo-tec.com/Blog/en/komo-tec-im-windkanal-von-mira-in-england/

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@TBD  this is all very impressive and looks superb - the car, the aero, the new ICE etc. Very very nice.

Can I ask Thomas how you find the Exige as a replacement for the more civilised Evora?  Really interested in your views re using as a Daily Driver and also for the longer runs you do.

Thanks for updates and hope you really enjoy the car Thomas. Looks superb.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

TBD I haven't had  a chance to really drive the car - the weather. It is quite a change from the Evora, for me two things are most significant:

• You're sitting even lower than in the Evora. Forward you're looking directly inthe the exhaust pipes of those SUV's cluttering the roads and where you were level to the door handels of other cars in the Evora, it's more like sitting at curb level. TAkes some getting used to.
  • The lack of sound dampening makes the Exige a much mor visceral experience, Thougn the GT also lacked a lot of dampening, the Exige brings you right into the engine bay. 

I hope to put some miles on the car in the next two weeks.

• Gold FFM

Thanks Thomas. Look forward to hearing your views...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

4 hours ago, TBD said:

TBD I haven't had  a chance to really drive the car - the weather. It is quite a change from the Evora, for me two things are most significant:

• You're sitting even lower than in the Evora. Forward you're looking directly inthe the exhaust pipes of those SUV's cluttering the roads and where you were level to the door handels of other cars in the Evora, it's more like sitting at curb level. TAkes some getting used to.
  • The lack of sound dampening makes the Exige a much mor visceral experience, Thougn the GT also lacked a lot of dampening, the Exige brings you right into the engine bay. 

I hope to put some miles on the car in the next two weeks.

I hope you all can ignore the many spelling mistakes. :(

19 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

It looks great. Are you going to keep all of the various Ex460 stickers on it?

Right now I'm leaving them on, they characterize the uniqueness of the car. In reality the large stickers on the doors are much less obtrusive, but these would be the ones to go if I do decide to. 

Of course removing the black and white plates on front and back would have its advantages, but the flashing blue light drivers are likely to object.

• 2 weeks later...