free hit
counters
Club Lotus 50th Anniversary Film completed - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Club Lotus 50th Anniversary Film completed

At last - it's done!

My eyes are burnt out from the editing but 'Club Lotus-50 Years in the Fast Lane' has been completed.

There's a lot of Esprit content - naturally!

A nice sequence on Classic Team Lotus and the interview with Mike Kimberley are my personal favourites, but there's coverage of almost every major Club Lotus event in 2006. If you were there, you may well see yourself on screen.

It'll be released at the Donington show 17/18 March and be available from the Club Lotus stand.

It's off being duplicated as I write this.

I need a rest now - but I've got to go to Saudi on Friday.

I'm too old for all this.

Alan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last - it's done!

It'll be released at the Donington show 17/18 March and be available from the Club Lotus stand.

Alan

Many congrats Alan - no doubt a marathon task - it must feel great to have finished after all that effort. Best get loads of copies ready for the show cos so many of us have a chance of being in it there must be some danger that you'll sell out on Sat before LEF get there! :lol:

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

There should be an official Press Release together with a pack shot coming from Club Lotus soon.

We're doing loads of copies as we're expecting high demand.

If anyone wants me to deface (sorry, sign) there copy at the show I'll be happy to.

Then again in might be nice to have one of the rare unsigned copies.

See you all there.

Alan

:)

Will this Film also be available as mailorder ? Online-shop ?

Well done Alan, That must be a relief its completed.

I enjoyed your previous effort , which I own.

Looking forward to buying the follow up as a diary of a busy Lotus year .!!

Mike :lol:

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

The film will be available from the Club Lotus shop as well as from the Club Lotus website, however it's not being released until 17th March - but that's not far away.

I did something tonight that I haven't done since last September. I stretched out on the settee and watched the Telly instead of editing all night.

It was thoroughly enjoyable, but now that I've stopped editing the tiredness has caught up with me.

Alan

Well done Alan. Looking forward to viewing :lol:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...
Well done Alan. Looking forward to viewing :shock:

Bought and viewed yesterday.

Buy it if you can. Really enjoyable 2 hours of everything LOTUS - (including lots of Esprits!)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Bought the DVD at Donington yesterday - Excellent 2 hours viewing - Good work Alan.

:shock:

Even better - My car is on it entering Stoneleigh last year - Fame at Last (even if its only for 2 seconds) - my son is going to tell his mates at School that his dad is on a DVD

:shock:

The only downside is that there are some really dodgy looking people on it at some rally in Oxford :thumbup: - should have some parental warning sticker on the cover:whistle:

Matt

I believe Kato will be selling it via LEW shortly :shock:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just finished watching it Alan....and very much enjoyed. Not least of course because both the Esprit and Carlton get a few seconds of glory at various points.

Having seen the bits from last years Bromley Pageant in the display ring....I really hope I didn't completely ruin your intended shoot! I was in the white Esprit and suddenly realised that my nephew Steven, who was supposed to be driving my Carlton a couple of cars behind me, wasn't there. So I parked up in the centre while the parade continued and ran back to the stand to see what had happened. Apparently while waiting in the queue for the arena the car was getting a bit smokey and Steven decided to abort. I should have warned him - it happens on rare occasions when I've been in trafffic for a while and a few seconds of high revs seems to clear it all out. Anyway, we returned to the ring and both cars joined the parade - which you caught....but I guess your set up shot of all the cars circulating had been a bit b****red by the idiot who parked up in the middle for 5 mintues. I'm so sorry!

Rgds Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Mike,

You didn't give me a problem at all.

I remember during the edit that I wanted to use a rear shot of the Carlton that showed the badge, but decided against it as the smoke coming from the exhaust wouldn't encourage people to buy one - so I used the side view of it driving through shot instead.

There was such a lot of good material in the ring but I had to cut it down to keep interest flowing.

Throughout the filming I had to remember that I was trying to make a film for a wide audience - and that's where being a Lotus fan as well makes it difficult to remain objective.

At the edit you just have to be ruthless.

I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed the film.

Kind regards

Alan

If you've not got a copy of thisyet, I'd recommend it to you. It's an ace DVD, loads of Esprit content and familiar faces, well worth getting a copy for your collection :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.