free hit
counters
Supercar Test Day 1990 - Esprit content (PBB St Tropez) - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Supercar Test Day 1990 - Esprit content (PBB St Tropez)

Not had a chance to view this in full yet (it was posted under the Lamborghini section of Pistonheads for obvious reasons) but a quick scan shows some Esprits including the well known blue metallic PBB St Tropez Esprit speedster at 31:45.

In the same thread a member called Snapper7 has some old pics from supercar meets in the 90s which efinitely have Esprit content in, including a combined Lambo/Lotus day at Castle Combe I think. How wonderful would that have been!

I'm at work at the moment so shouldnt even be looking, but will try and dig a link to his Flickr account at home.

• Like 2

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not had a chance to view this in full yet (it was posted under the Lamborghini section of Pistonheads for obvious reasons) but a quick scan shows some Esprits including the well known blue metallic PB

Surrey Club Lotus ran a couple of track days at Goodwood with Lamborghini UK in the early 90s - there are pictures at Goodwood in this thread in PH link. The one on Page 3 is definitely the Club Lotu

Always thought the stevens design of the tropez worked rather than the G car,  Not sure if a stevens one ever got built but from the concept pictures on the net it looked a bit ferrari f50 and sort of suited the stevens body better.   The le noble kit car :wub:

A

Surrey Club Lotus ran a couple of track days at Goodwood with Lamborghini UK in the early 90s - there are pictures at Goodwood in this thread in PH link. The one on Page 3 is definitely the Club Lotus/Lambo day at Goodwood - I recognise the red Turbo Esprit and here's my car in these two shots. I don't remember the crowds when we were there, I remember it as 25 cars & drivers

28299251094_a749f5da14_b.jpg

IMG_0012

Story about the purple Europa on one of these days is that the owner had finished his laps and was going home, when 200 yards down the road outside Goodwood, his wheel fell off. he now owns a Morgan 3-wheeler and was at the B&C track day a couple of years ago with it.

Going through his other pictures now to see if there are more of my cars - or any of me :)

• Like 1

That's the thread, Goodwood is it? Never been so didn't recognise it.

Wouldn't it be great to do something with the Lambo Club again?

I always think of Lamborghini as like a spiritual cousin to Lotus, the left-field choice instead of the default prancing pony or Porsche. Lets be honest many of us here would only trade our Lotuses in if the chance of a proper Lambo came up.

Those pics also sadden me that in the last 20 years you mostly see those Lambos behind a rope barrier at a posh show or auction. Either that or they are in the hands of people whose primary motive is money rather than what they were built for.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

We did think that they had more money than sense. One Countach got stuffed at St Mary's, and I seem to remember that the owner didn't seem to be that bothered :( 

I'm still surprised at the number of people that were there, and I don't remember there being that many Lambos there.

I'm in this one :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

28299251094_a749f5da14_b.jpg

Thinking about it, I don't think that many Lambos went on the track - just the current models.

Goodwood has changed a hell of a lot. In the thread on PH you can see tarmac was laid a couple of years after the above.