free hit
counters
Openreach - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

A company that is a law unto itself, and arguably one of the worst services I have ever come across. Ever.

Twice I've waited for the twats to come and fix a line problem, probably in the house or on the property, and twice they've not turned up, but both times told the ISP that there's nothing wrong with the external line.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And maybe pigs will fly one day.

• Gold FFM

Openreach is indeed one of the worlds most shit organisations - with some of the most shit people working for it.

i have had the unfortunate opportunity to have to resolve issues when they can't by  more clandestine methods !! 

Absolute bellends the lot of them. And they all said privatisation was good !! 

Dont mention the trains down on southern 

Only here once

The latest is that they're supposed to be turning up Monday morning, so I've got to stay at home yet again. If I were a betting man, I'd have a few quid on them not showing up. At all. 

And don't get me started about the headless monster that is BT. I have 16 accounts with them at work, and they can't even get the company name or address right, after numerous complaints. It's like a totally disjointed operation one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.  Even the business managers shake their heads in disbelief.

Margate Exotics.

• 2 weeks later...

The bloke did actually turn up this time around. My Broadband speed is now increased, but at 23Mb, still nowhere near the promised 30Mb, and effing light years away from the 'up to 76Mb' they advertise. I reckon they should sell Broadband on minimum speeds, not maximums.

Margate Exotics.

Well, I suggest you complain about it, Ant. I did, and at least I've had a 10mb increase. So unless your line won't support any more speed, then go for it.  You have nothing to lose.

Margate Exotics.

We went through this middle of last year. We'd only been with BT about a month & lost our broadband, but the phone line was still working. Was told that couldn't happen, so it must be something in our house & we would have to pay their charge if that was found to be the case. After going through everything I could think of, I agreed to pay if it turned out to be our equipment.  Two missed appointments, so two mornings wasted waiting in for them, then eventually an Openreach chap did turn up, 11 days after the fault was reported. He went through everything in the house & gave it all a clean bill of health, but did change a junction box where the cable comes through the floor into the house, mainly because the old one looked a bit daggy & was cracked. He then started to check the line. "That's strange" he said, " Your phone line's ok but you've got no broadband coming in, don't know how that can happen." "I was told it can't" said I. After then spending ages going up & down the road looking into all their little holes in the ground, another two vans arrived & we had a total of 4 blokes all adopting the heads down arses up stance around one of the holes. Later, one of them came & said that all was now fixed & our internet would start working again shortly. 2 days later, guess what, still no internet, but no phone either now ! I called BT to get them out again, but was told that the fault had been reported as fixed & therefore it must be our equipment, again, I had to agree to pay, but an Openreach appointment was made, & not kept. Another appointment was this time kept, & the guy who came looked at the new junction box & said "sorry, I can't do anything with that, it's not one of ours" "Your last chap put it there" I said, & he eventually agreed to put the correct box in & carry on, but made a big thing of telling me he shouldn't have touched it. Why? Anyway, after a lot of testing with various bits of equipment, he discovered that the first lot hadn't connected the correct set of cables in one of the holes somewhere, & once done we had phone & broadband on his test equipment, but no internet through the router. He replaced the router with an older second hand one he happened to have in his van, & everything was/is fine. by now over a month since the fault was first reported. We were both sure that the faulty router was the problem from the start. We did eventually get some compensation from BT for our weeks without the service we were paying for, they knocked £6 off our next bill! Bloody generous of them! Nothing for my three wasted morniongs waiting for no shows.

As for speed, the max we can get is about 4 mb. The line won't handle any more !

What's most annoying is that for years we had Virgin broadband & never ever had a problem, it was only because they decided to drop wired broadband & concentrate on their own fibre optic network, which isn't available to us yet, that we had to change. We had a year with Plus net, then they wanted to hike the price to something ridiculous, so ended up with BT. Neither they, nor Openreach are fit for service in my opinion, BT's 'customer service' is a contradiction in terms! & it took 5 'engineers' to diagnose a dodgy router!

Regards, Tim

Edited by Orsom Weels

We had the same problem and more with vastly reduced broadband speed (promised up to 80Mb but expect 40Mb  -we got 12Mb) and we were given the wrong phone number (3 times before they put it back to the original!) once we upgraded to fibre to the cabinet. After hours and hours on the phone (totalled over 14hrs) we got to the same point as above also having been refused a full refund. We refused to pay for a call out and instead went on a blitz on social media recounting our tale of woe on any official BT link, conversation, thread etc..:devil:. BT eventually came free of charge. The BT Openreach was actually a really nice guy - didn't have a good word to say about BT especially their sales and call centres (foreign) and said they were basically lying through their teeth to everyone. As a matter in case he pointed out the max we could possibly get was 19Mb, he then partially rewired the house phone lines saying they always used to do this when rolling out fibre to the cabinet broadband and left. Now just waiting for the contract to end to get as far away as possible from BT.

It's really weird but BT own Plusnet who are so much better, shame BT can't learn from them. Having said that Plusnet has gone down hill a bit since BT bought them out.

Oh and got £10.00 off the next bill.

I've thrown my problem back at PlusNet, so we'll see what happens. They seem to be more concerned about fixing supposed faults than accepting defeat and putting me on a cheaper tariff.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:11, march said:

...............It's really weird but BT own Plusnet who are so much better, shame BT can't learn from them.

Same here, with another BT-owned subsidiary, EE.

We struggled for a couple of years with our BT broadband - on a good day, if we were really lucky, it might peak briefly at around 1.3Mb but most of the time it was sub 1Mb. According to BT that was the best we could expect in our area for the foreseeable, although they were more than happy to continue billing us for our "up to 20Mb" service.

Switched to EE (when they made me an offer of a complete mobile/home phone/broadband package for less than BT were charging for just the home phone and broadband) and lo and behold, that simple signature on a piece of paper upped my connection to a consistent 30+Mb - Result! :)

Unfortunately, unless I want snail mail, I don't have any choice here in the Styx. In a small village like the one I live in I can have awesome BT internet at 56mps or my next best choice, Virgin at 12mps. No choice really. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Aaaannd another engineer booked to visit on Tuesday. I've outsmarted them this time, by taking an afternoon appointment. That way I don't care if they turn up late, as I haven't got to take a whole day off work.

I did ask Plusnet if they were likely to keep,on sending Openreach engineers round until one of them finally managed to fix the problem, but I think they missed the point.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, ian29gte said:

I did ask Plusnet if they were likely to keep,on sending Openreach engineers round until one of them finally managed to fix the problem, but I think they missed the point.

Yes they will keep sending them - no I doubt they will actually fix it ?

They really are an utter shambles 

Only here once