free hit
counters
Official TLF @ Supercar Weekend at Beaulieu 5/6 Aug 2017 - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Official TLF @ Supercar Weekend at Beaulieu 5/6 Aug 2017

CocoPops

Following on from another thread, I have decided to take on organising a TLF presence at the Beaulieu Supercar weekend.

When: 5th & 6th August 2017
Where: Beaulieu National Motor Museum
More Info: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/beaulieu-supercar-weekend/

I've spoken with the organisers and they normally have attendendance from Wessex Lotus, but would like to put on a grand Lotus display with presence from TLF, Wessex Lotus and Club Lotus.

Should you be interested, please put your name on the list and I will then arrange attendance accordingly.

It would be fantastic if the Lotus Forums were potentially interested in joining us at the Supercar Weekend. We have been joined in the last few years by the Wessex Area Club Lotus’ and I know they are attending again this year.

It relatively straight forward to become involved if you deem it viable, from our side I can happily book you in as a club now. There is no cost for attending the event as long as those attending are in a Lotus and have pre-registered in advance. 

Just so you know I include two passes per car and these give access to the event, all of the Beaulieu attractions and the drivers marquee. This marquee serves light refreshments throughout the day (teas, coffees etc).

In my mind, and I’ve chatted to Club Lotus about this, is that we could try and pull as many Lotus’ together for one big feature display at the event. So we would create an area at the show for all Lotus’ and guys can display how you would want. Gazebo’s etc are fine as well. Club Lotus are planning on attending on the Sunday (traditionally the busier day) so if you are interested would this be an option?

I do have another Lotus club also interested in attending and will also be mentioning this to them!

So there we go, shall we start a list?

Saturday 5th

Sunday 6th
1. CocoPops - Evora 400 Hethel Edition

Any questions, please post or drop me a PM.

Lee.

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Saturday 5th

Sunday 6th
2. Eeyoreish - 1990 Esprit N/A
3. Choppa - Esprit S3 N/A
4. ChrisJ - 82 Turbo Esprit or 89 Excel (if with the family)

Well done Lee for taking this on, it looks like a superb day out.

Saturday 5th

Sunday 6th

5. Neal H - Evora 400

Absolutely.

its free to attend, but need to pre register, hence need for lists.

put your name on both days if you want/can do both days.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

You haven't lived until you've spent the night in an Esprit Chris, I've done it twice! It's what a teddy bear interior was made for! ;)

Went to the first Club Lotus do at Donington - with some of the guys in the thread with Goodwood :Lotus/Lambo pictures - 4 Esprits & one Europa in a "V" formation up the M1). The Red Turbo covered in cling film as he was entering the concours and didn't want any dead flies on it.

We intended to camp, but when we got to the circuit on the Friday evening it was fenced with the lifting barriers - all locked. However, if you leant on the weighted end, you could lift it just enough to get a car underneath. The look on the face of the staff the next morning was quite something.

That was one of two nights my car has spent out of a garage in 30 years. The other one was in 2000.

• Like 2

Saturday 5th

Sunday 6th

5. Neal H - Evora 400

6. Jimbo - Evora

7. Rupert - Elise SC

• Gold FFM

Wessex Club Lotus are attending on the Sunday. We usually meet at a local pub and drive in together because the organisers do not have reserved areas. That way we end up with all our Lotus cars together. If you would like to meet with us we can have a bigger display than usual. Normally we have 20 cars there. 

@CocoPops I an quite happy to liaise with you between TLF and Wessex Club Lotus since I am in both.

Kevin 

Excellent. The view from Beaulieu was that they would reserve an area and make a feature of Lotus cars.

So, yes very happy to liaise and let's make this a real success.

Well done CocoPops, thank you for organising!

I'm in Club Lotus Wessex as well like Kev, but will put my name down here as I want to do both days this year. Neil H - happy to be with you on the Saturday! Just booked an hotel in Lymington for the Saturday night :thumbup:

Saturday 5th
1. swindon_alan - Esprit V8

Sunday 6th
5. Neal H - Evora 400
6. swindon_alan - Esprit V8

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

@eeyoreish, you ok with Saturday as well if it is just us Neil? We can spend a few hours comparing Pretty Woman filament vs LED rear ends (oooer). @CocoPops are we cool for Saturday? Hopefully we can get some more along...

There is no upper or lower limit, only that nearer the time I must collate names and cars and send to Bealieu.

The more the merrier.

• Like 1

I was only planning for the Sunday but might be able to do Saturday too.

Beaulieu is only 45 mins from me so it's doable as long as the current Mrs H doesn't have alternative Saturday plans. She's normally down the stables with her hoss at the weekend so might not even notice I'm gone... :horse:

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Assuming the car is running by then, I quite fancy the event, but it's a 3-hour drive from here.

Alan, which hotel have you booked into? I never knew there was a red-light district in Lymington, but you live and learn, eh?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Apologies, I messed up the numbering before.

Saturday 5th
1. swindon_alan - Esprit V8

Sunday 6th
5. Neal H - Evora 400
6. Jimbo - Evora
7. Rupert - Elise SC
8. swindon_alan - Esprit V8
9. Royal - Esprit S4s

18 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

It will be great to see you again @Royal. Do you think that you might make it to Henley as well?

Hi Alan. When is it? Yes, it would be good to meet up again at Henley. Great to meet everyone last time.

Martin.