free hit
counters
Throttle Cable Attachment - UK Carb Turbo - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Throttle Cable Attachment - UK Carb Turbo

I am finishing up putting the St Tropez back together and have run in to a snag. On federal cars, the throttle cable emerges from the passenger compartment on the left hand side and curves along the left hand side engine compartment bulkhead to a fixture attached to the cam carrier. The cable pulls the throttle lever open from the left hand side of the engine. The throttle return spring extends from the carb side of the plenum to the throttle lever.

On RHD cars, the throttle cable emerges on the right hand side of the engine compartment and approaches the carbs from underneath the plenum. I can't figure out how this arrangement is supposed to work, and the pictures I took of disassembly don't show enough of the arrangement to be of much use. Could someone with a UK car lend some insight into how this is supposed to work?

Mike - '83 Esprit Turbo, Turbo St. Tropez,  '87 Esprit Turbo  (FrankEnSPRIT), '05 Elise

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whichever way it's done, the end of the inner cable and the end of the sheath get closer together when the pedal is depressed, so hold either the inner or outer, and you have the same effect.

The only thing special about the outer part of the bowden moving is that you mustn't secure the cable along its length, it must have at least a few inches of free movement. Unlike the moving inner method where securing the outer can be advantageous.