free hit
counters
S4/S4s carpet set - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Looking for a new carpet set for the interior refurb, I called Coverdale to ask if they have a set for the later Esprit, but they said only the 1988 - 1992 is listed. Anyone know whether they're the same as the S4/S4s?

If not, I might have to send the old ones up as a pattern.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice!  Although I thought Barry would go for a nice deep shag.

There's a sale on, apparently.

Smells baa-aaa-aad?

Posted Images

I got the carpets for my '90 N/A from Coverdale (Wessex wool). Not sure what could be different in your car? 

They were very helpful and remade the footwell mats to my cardboard templates when the original ones they supplied weren't quite a perfect fit. They even stitched in seat belt slots and handbrake gaiter using some leather I sent to them.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

6 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Looking for a new carpet set for the interior refurb, I called Coverdale to ask if they have a set for the later Esprit, but they said only the 1988 - 1992 is listed. Anyone know whether they're the same as the S4/S4s?

If not, I might have to send the old ones up as a pattern.

Ian, I would make you up a new carpet set, same sort of deal as @Barrykearley you send me your carpets as templates, and I can make you a set, only problem is, I've been waiting for a leather edge binding machine since before christmas, I spoke to my supplier on Friday, he promised to call me back today, did he f**k. 

Anyway if you can bare with me for a few days I will keep you updated. The cost would be far less than the Coverdale sets and the quality of materials way better. Includes leather handbrake and belt surrounds rubber heal shields and overmats. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Ian, I would make you up a new carpet set, same sort of deal as @Barrykearley you send me your carpets as templates, and I can make you a set, only problem is, I've been waiting for a leather edge binding machine since before christmas, I spoke to my supplier on Friday, he promised to call me back today, did he f**k. 

Anyway if you can bare with me for a few days I will keep you updated. The cost would be far less than the Coverdale sets and the quality of materials way better. Includes leather handbrake and belt surrounds rubber heal shields and overmats. 

That's a tempting  offer - I'll PM you!

Margate Exotics.

mr.oogieboogie had a carpet set from Coverdale for his S4, he had to send his old set up for use as a pattern but they chose not to keep records of them  :wallbash:

If you are doing the boot carpet too having it lined makes a big improvement to the "quality" feel of it.

Edited by sailorbob

I bought the set from SJ's for my SE and it wasn't something I'd buy again. It was just big bits of carpet in roughly the right shape with some binding and trim. Nearly every single piece needed to be trimmed extensively to fit the car.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The Coverdale set was good quality (although I did go for the most expensive quality) and a good fit. Only the footwell mats needed a bit of size tweaking but, as I said, they were very happy to remake to my exact templates.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Here's the info I got back from Coverdale as to what the carpet set looks like, and it's definitely different to mine with regard the pockets, so they're not the same, even if the overall dimensions may be, although I have no idea what they may be.

So, at the moment I'm in discussions with Steve V8 who's offered his services.

IMG_2544.JPG

Margate Exotics.

4 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Here's the info I got back from Coverdale as to what the carpet set looks like, and it's definitely different to mine with regard the pockets, so they're not the same, even if the overall dimensions may be, although I have no idea what they may be.

So, at the moment I'm in discussions with Steve V8 who's offered his services.

IMG_2544.JPG

You can't just sketch a copy of the photo I sent you, surely there must be some copyright infringements going on here?

IMG_1195.thumb.JPG.52d7393458071005a7edf92fb161a801.JPG.daba39e2aeb36d2071db634d389a896b.JPG

IMG_1188.thumb.JPG.b7b5a0f75f44c76fb3da186feaa30eb0.JPGJust take a look at the state of the originals that came out of @Barrykearley 's S3.

From these rotten old bits of carpet, new templates were made up, then converted back to new carpet as shown previously. For some reason Barry didn't want his original carpets returned, but if you want your originals back @ian29gte i'll make up the templates and return them, hopefully it should be a little more straight forward with yours.

7 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

You can't just sketch a copy of the photo I sent you, surely there must be some copyright infringements going on here?

IMG_1195.thumb.JPG.52d7393458071005a7edf92fb161a801.JPG.daba39e2aeb36d2071db634d389a896b.JPG

Copyright? Shouldn't that be Carpetright? :)

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

9 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

IMG_1188.thumb.JPG.b7b5a0f75f44c76fb3da186feaa30eb0.JPGJust take a look at the state of the originals that came out of @Barrykearley 's S3.

From these rotten old bits of carpet, new templates were made up, then converted back to new carpet as shown previously. For some reason Barry didn't want his original carpets returned, but if you want your originals back @ian29gte i'll make up the templates and return them, hopefully it should be a little more straight forward with yours.

Are you sure that's not a sheepskin?

Margate Exotics.