free hit
counters
Fire suppression system - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fire suppression system

Hi Lukasz

What size is your extinguisher as mine is a tight fit? @Lotusfab has just installed one in a different location as his is a lot fatter than mine - whereas mine is quite long.

Here's my installation - if you click on the picture it should blow up much larger. - you can see where the pipe goes into the engine bay.

y4mQNHe8lnTCy-fMzyY3Vz5Yfis5x7IDpqPaEeug

The nozzles are one here - blue centre bottom of the picture.

y4mHOZFAZyYBmV1SGwG2pkwY_zMRETe-7JTSCmbd

and the other here - pointing at the cam covers.

y4m2I8WJzjtJ62uuKiPeUDvg6axrpMKkhfhjOhnm

Run the release to where is best suited for you - Fabian has worked out a better position than mine which is in a really stupid one (through the map pocket.).

I can't give you any details on how I installed it as it was 30 years ago :)  However, the cover over the extinguisher is easily removed  (must be easy if I could do it) and the space underneath is surprisingly large.

What year is your car? It's a black bumper, so pre 1985. We need to see some more pictures - if you are doing some work on your car, maybe start a separate thread for it?

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bibs does have a point, but when I asked her if she had bought a fire extinguisher with her, this is how she reacted...          

Hi all I fitted one of these to my car. when I first got it and saw a website of scrapped esprits and most of the s3 were burnt out. So after fitting new tanks and hoses I fitted a fire suppression sy

There has been plenty of talk of using those air filters instead of the original set up and the problem of backfire causing them to ignite. Glad it worked out well for you but you might want to l

Posted Images

Here are some photos of mine:

The pull handle is at the back of the driver’s side door (left hand drive and the photo appears to have rotated).  I had to order a pull with longer threads on the handle - I think from Demon Tweaks  

E2067740-4515-4FE2-B20F-221074DE21F8.jpeg.580cbaedfd3b0c6915f429efa8c1ee2a.jpeg

The bottle is on the left hand side of the engine (opposite the battery in my S1). The plumbed bottle is the one close to the bulkhead over the gas tank. The back bottle is just a spare handheld.

D2E3A6E4-BD3A-4774-BEAE-C0022A4B040A.jpeg.f4d9e29123a8ecfaa828b44298bf0726.jpeg

The 4 sprayers are 

1) Left rear pointed towards exhaust header (hard to see).

2) Right rear pointed towards the distributor and carbs.

3) Center rear close to the carbs pointed over the distributor.

4) Right side pointed up under air filter towards carbs.

1290360E-FB1C-4C4D-AFB9-A7E0AB3F900E.jpeg.19dc37d1793ae10c08008793066d9d35.jpeg

Obviously (?), I’ve never used it. I hope I never do. 

I now how a stock air filter on the car.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

Just fitted one of these this week in the engine bay: 2mtr 

http://www.fireextinguishersale.com/shop/fss-uk-automatic-fire-suppression-system-automotive-tube-extinguisher-for-trucks-vans-sports-cars-luxury-cars-boats-yachts/

Plus a 50 second firestick fitted by driver seat

https://raceandrally.com/fire-safety-stick-50-seconds

and a 2.5 kg powder in passenger footwell.. 

That should cover it.. 

Both links for example only, so you know what i am talking about.