free hit
counters
The MX5 stole some Lotus DNA - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

The MX5 stole some Lotus DNA

DanR

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't mind the Mazda MX-5. Never know. Maybe one day.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I do not think the mazda mx5 has ever been regularly rubbished as a sports car,  In fact its the best selling ever 2 seater sports production  car !   Every time the mx5 has been reworked by the engineers, the customers have always asked not to loose the feel of the previous mx5 generation car.   They nailed this car from the mx5 mk1,  mass produced, looks good, reliable, handles well and fairly cheap purchase purchase cost.  :)

Some nice touches on this updated car with the various bits of upgrades, the bigger bearing on the front hub is nice to see for people tracking their cars also,

A

That car is a load of rubbish and is dangerous as far as I am concerned with the way the tyres sit on the road. Surely the police over there can't think this car is in any way legal?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

What a ridiculously stupid looking vehicle. What is the point of it? Surely the owner can't enjoy people thinking Knob all the time.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

More than the car I'd guess.

You could remove all the wheels completely and line the undertray with skateboard wheels? Why not just remove all the brakes from the car and throw a parachute out each time you want to stop. I know, even better, remove the stearing wheel completely and just put side air brakes onto the vehicle? - Or just maybe those are stupid ideas. Surely just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. ?

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

:P   I have watched a few of this chaps posts on this car, and by watching them i understand him to be a little simple, nice chap just does not seem that the lift does not go all the way to the top, a sort of tim nice but dim sort of fellow :) If he wanted to make a car stand out from the crowd he has certainly pulled that one off !   His car, his choice i just hope that he does not injure any one along the way, like with one of those wheels breaking off on the freeway or somethng :(

A

I remember reading an article which detailed the time and money they spent on making sure the rear view mirror was the lightest it could be on the new model to save high up weight. I had a mk2 RS for a while and Laura still has her mk3 2.0 Sport, nice cars :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.