free hit
counters
SE High Wing C Service - Page 12 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sparky

SE High Wing C Service

Mine are hidden under the side of the front bumper so I'm a closet chav. Anyway, I specifically got Calypso red ones to match the car...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well, what a surprise. The ABS/clutch master to pedal box fixings are all wrong, with bits missing, so it'll be a longer job than anticipated.  I'd love to know who did all this crap.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Oooh looky.

IMAG0293.jpg

• Like 1

Is that leaking coolant I can see ??

• Like 1

Only here once

Regrettably not part of the C service.  Glad you all noticed its back on the ground. ?

Looking good Sparky .Nice to know the car is in safe hands .By you and the owner ....Mike

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

I'd love to know who did all this crap.

Whoever they were, I doubt if they'd make themselves known after all the things you've had to fix.  

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Last time I heard, those responsible for had taken up newly vacant posts in BA's IT department.

Margate Exotics.

I suspect a few key BA posts may be available next week. 'I told you so' is simply inadequate.

1 minute ago, Sparky said:

I suspect a few key BA posts may be available next week. 'I told you so' is simply inadequate.

Were I a BA board member, I'd be doing my best to wave Mr. Walsh goodbye. 

Margate Exotics.

Someone's nicked your fog lights mate. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

It's had 'work' on the front; hardly surprising!

Finally, the back looks like this.

IMAG0304.jpg

Yesterday the clutch master job proved somewhat irksome.  At some point pretty much everything has been removed at the front to repair some damage, and the refit was a tad random.  @Vanya, that might explain the missing foglamps.  Spacers were missing so the ABS unit and clutch master were off several degrees.  I didn't take pics, but all sorted now, and master cylinder lives again.  Adjusted handbrake cables, neither of which was even locked off.  No battery clamp (another MoT failure, intriguing!), so installed some M6 stud and knocked up a basic strap from aluminium.  Forgot to take pics.

The heater is a disaster; no part of it functions except the fan.  No hot/cold selection, no diverter movement, no fresh air capability.  I'm measuring 22Hg at the main pump feed, and exactly the same at the heater vac pipes after repair/replacement of bits, switches working as they should, but neither diaphragm seems man enough to do its job.  Is 22Hg enough? I'd have thought so, answers on a postcard please!  In the absence of a better fix I'll probably be locking the fresh air flap in the open position, and doing something similar to the diverter to solve Peter's demist problem.

At least I could solve the hot/cold issue!  Before:

IMAG0305.jpg

After:

IMAG0308.jpg

Heads up, Peter, you should have it back this week...  :D

• Like 1

Oh my!  Sorry I missed the posts yesterday, I was drunk in charge of a BBQ.  The amount of stuff you've found wrong is frankly shocking, I'm just so glad to have found someone who knows their way around an Esprit...  This week!!?!?!   I had better get the garage back in some sort of order!  Cheers :-)

And does that mean I can have hot air in the winter?  Fab!  (I was going to say cool but that would be wrong).

I'll need to test it on a run, but it looks like it's functioning as it should, so yes - hot air.  :)

Having been the passenger in Christine on her handover day during the relocation run to Watford Exotics Esprit Emporium and witnessed, first hand on a weekly basis, the progress starting from mild euphoria at the prospect of a 'C' check with some rectification work and descending into a life sentence of Herculean proportions via the fifteenth sub-basement located underneath the Slough Of Despond before the Phoenix like rise to regaining 'wheels on ground with engine running' status, I can only marvel at the tenacity and quantity of effort that has been poured into this motor. Truly awesome.

I'm currently designing the tickets for Sparky's forthcoming event. "Pushing water uphill, using only his nose, with his hands tied behind his back and his gentleman parts shackled to a 10ton weight - Live". Although it will be fairly easy for a man of his abilities, I think it will be worth witnessing... I'll let you know when the event is scheduled.

• Like 1

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

I'm sure it'd be a lot more entertaining watching Messrs Lord or Kearley!

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I'm sure it'd be a lot more entertaining watching Messrs Lord or Kearley!

As in:

I have an Esprit here, that could really excel.... excel?... sell?... sell... Sell... SELL!

later on:

I had enough of this. Goodbye.... goodbye... goodbye?... buy?... buy... Buy... BUY!

Such is life

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I'm now officially ignoring you lot :rtfm:

Only here once