free hit
counters
SE High Wing C Service - Page 16 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

SE High Wing C Service

Sparky

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

At my age, you take every opportunity you get.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Jealous?

Wasn't any effort to do; the car is possessed.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Just for you, Trev, I shall aim for occasional hyperbole.  Do pop round for a Watford Exotics cuppa; I suspect I shall be in the company of Christine for some time...

• Gold FFM

Even on depress, this bloody thing was giving grief.

IMAG0610-20180603-210028990.jpg

But that was soon sorted.  Another one binned, huzzah!IMAG0617-20180603-210220260.jpg

The SE High Wing is a different proposition for Delco-Moraine deletion.  The recess in the boot is full of engine management, and the car has a mechanical, belt-driven vacuum pump.  First thing I did was check what the pump is delivering:

IMAG0606-20180603-205932496.jpg

Outstanding!  I expected less.  On the High Wing this pump is only supplying engine management and heater.  It'll be a simple job to branch off and supply a servo, so I'm going to see if that works out.

Also, the High Wing has its own rear brake limiting valve.  It's questionable whether the Wilwood is necessary but I think I'll fit one to give additional latitude for adjustment.  Perhaps even delete the limiter?  Not sure yet.

The relay/fuse tree is arranged differently, so will require slightly different treatment to that on the S4.  There's also some highly questionable cabling snaking around.

IMAG0607-20180603-205952633.jpg

I previously mentioned that this car had suffered a frontal.  I'm seeing more evidence of that now the DM system is out of the way.  Lots of filler, and the pedal box studs aren't quite parallel.  The old DM mounting brackets are quite badly bent too.  Hoping the new brackets won't be too much hassle!

IMAG0614-20180603-210145782.jpg

IMAG0613-20180603-210125908.jpg

IMAG0611-20180603-210046207.jpg

Seems there are many GRP repairs to the front underside too, so the radiator job could be interesting...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yes, strange.  I'll have a good look underneath soon.