Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 113 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

The picture shows that it has a fuel filler cap and twin exhausts a the back. (It's also got something funny going on with the back wheel.) Previously we have heard that there will  only be one more ICE Lotus, will this be it?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

Previously we have heard that there will  only be one more ICE Lotus, will this be it

One word - just one.

ESPRIT

Only here once

• 1 month later...

The SMMT figures for lotus' registered in the uk show that less cars were sold in 2020 compared to 2019. For years I have tracked the figures for lotus and some others.

look at https://www.am-online.com/data/manufacturer-insight

can see in 2019 they say there were 225 cars registered and in 2020  171 cars  - that looks like a decrease to me... not surprising due to covid though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Even more impressive is that they sold more cars in Germany than the US and the UK!

I don't see this as a surprise at all.  The driving experience is valued by the Germans.  In the US we dont have access into the affordable Lotus market, not even a little bit. 

Accessibly is a problem here, and the Dealers have a very low margin to work with.  That creates what appears to me, even less accessibility.   

Otherwise I suspect the Elise would be the "Canyon Rat's weapon of choice".  But Lotus isn't being marketed towards those people here, much of the adverts are focused on the "Lifestyle Poser" types,  which in my personal opinion doesn't portray the creation.

What do I know though, I've had the Opportunity to drive some very cool cars in my most recent hobby.  I've met some amazing people,  and I dont work for Lotus, I'm just a fan.  I'm sure the USA marketing team knows what they're doing.  

Me?  I'll just wait until I can find a reasonably priced used one, that some scene poser traded in for the next greatest thing.

I will admit my frustration though I've never been asked "Why do you want this car?"  In such an authoritative tone by a Salesperson.  That moment is why I dont own a Lotus.

But I hope to in the future 

Edited by Jason is Chasing
  • Like 1

They haven't been released. The only indication of numbers was some time ago when they said that the first year's production was sold out but they didn't say if that was one car or one hundred.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Surely this is not the announcement but the announcement of the announcement... otherwise they'd be pimping it on the main Lotus Cars acc too. Exciting as it is, I doubt anything is going to tempt me away from my Exige. :)

Let’s hope it’s a weekly glimpse into future models. A full blown announcement would make for a boring wait for customer delivery’s.