Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 121 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://careers.geely.com/Lotus/job/Plymouth-USA-Head-of-Lotus-Cars-USA-MI/650476001/

Looks like the USA is high up the priority list - Makes a huge amount of sense, it's such a huge market and really will come alive once the 131 is for sale I'd guess! 

Michigan? Must've missed something. What happened to the HQ in Georgia?

Benefits 

• Medical
  • Dental
  • Car scheme  

Ooh. Yes.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://careers.geely.com/Lotus/job/Plymouth-USA-Head-of-Lotus-Cars-USA-MI/650476001/

Looks like the USA is high up the priority list - Makes a huge amount of sense, it's such a huge market and really will come alive once the 131 is for sale I'd guess! 

https://careers.geely.com/Lotus/job/Hethel%2C-Norfolk-Digital-Marketing-Manager/646770201/

That sounds like exactly what I do for TLF amongst other things - Wonder what the car scheme allows - GT410 in Motorsport Green and I'm all theirs :D

I am woefully unqualified!  I'm dropping my c/v 😛

There is a Lotus engineering facility in Ann Arbor, MI.  I assume it was built back when GM owned them? A few years ago they moved HQ there. I assume it was really to save money. Then they moved to Plymouth, MI.

Here is facility in Ann Arbor:
Image result for lotus ann arbor

Edited by Likuid
  • Like 2

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

On 18/02/2021 at 13:37, Likuid said:

There is a Lotus engineering facility in Ann Arbor, MI.  I assume it was built back when GM owned them? A few years ago they moved HQ there. I assume it was really to save money. Then they moved to Plymouth, MI.

Here is facility in Ann Arbor:
Image result for lotus ann arbor

They moved everything from Ann Arbor down the road to Plymouth, Michigan.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately everything I have heard only reassures me that Lotus have no interest at all in delivering a new car which appeals to current Lotus owners. It makes sense... I get it... the money is elsewhere. I just hope that there is a short run Cup variant of these new cars which completely strips out the unnecessary bells and whistles to give us something to cling on to.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2021 at 12:19, Bravo73 said:

Uh-oh. Voice controls always work seamlessly, don’t they? 😬 

I hope they give it British accent recognition! Much to his girlfriends amusement, our son is always complaining that their  Alexa rarely understands his voice commands. 😂

On 06/03/2021 at 09:14, Spinney said:

I hope they give it British accent recognition! Much to his girlfriends amusement, our son is always complaining that their  Alexa rarely understands his voice commands. 😂

Let's hope they'll include Scottish accent recognition as well, or @C8RKH might have some trouble. 😄 

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

6 minutes ago, Escape said:

Let's hope they'll include Scottish accent recognition as well, or @C8RKH might have some trouble. 😄 

Lol. I'm actually English and just trespassing in Scotland!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Lol. I'm actually English and just trespassing in Scotland!

I know you know it wasn't personal at all. 😉
Just a great clip, no matter how many times I've seen it, it always cracks me up.

• Love 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Matt Windle, Managing Director of Lotus Cars, will present ‘Driving Tomorrow’, a news conference delivering details on Group Lotus future strategy on Tuesday 27 April 2021.

You are invited to join Lotus’ ‘Driving Tomorrow’  conference, which will be streamed live at 12:00 (BST) in English at www.drivingtomorrow.lotuscars.com. Please click on the link to save the date in your schedule.

Would you happen to know if this will be available on demand at a later time?

10 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Can’t wait for this - I’m like a kid at Christmas right now! How many sleeps......?😉👍🎄

Fire Red no more I'm afraid. It's off the colour chart.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

44 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Fire Red no more I'm afraid. It's off the colour chart.

Is it.....?😪

Surprised as Type 131 would likely look fantastic in it, as by all accounts it’s looking like it could be a simplified Evija which looks great in Red. But having said that could Type 131 be available in Atomic Red....as pictured? Yes please 😎

If not it might be for the best as far I'm personally concerned, as I don’t think my future funds can stretch to the new car......having just bought an S1 Elise to add to the stable!😂

EAB4EB6A-5D1B-420C-9BC4-73794B2EC210.jpeg

I may have been winding you up as I finished a nice bottle before retiring for the night!  :happydance:We need pictures of the Elise - nice one! 👍 As we know, it is all about the red!

Côte de Beaune-Villages 2017, Joseph Drouhin

• Haha 1

Nice. Lovely colour.

• Like 1