free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 102 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I agree the back looks horrendous. It does however show how you could take the Evora, swap all the panels out, tweak the interior and engine and call it a new model (McLaren style). 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Lotus staff got free hot drinks vending machines back in August, was a very welcome move and much appreciated from the people who work there. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference 👍

Maybe, time will tell. I am starting to think that I am out of kilter with the majority (nothing new there I suppose) but all this talk of electric, luxury, etc and I can't help but feel we are going

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I have to wonder here, after recently driving a GT (Hi my name is Jason, If I'm out of bounds, please don't hesitate to send me packing)

I had some very distinct impressions that were quite lasting, firstly being here in the United States the average person didn't know what the vehicle was, which I can understand given it's a Petrolhead brand truly, but the attention it received was not something I was prepared for coming out of my 4C.

Secondly, had I not been looking for something that could create 'with' me a Driving experience I would have not looked towards Lotus myself, and I do wonder how many people would understand that they would feel like Absolute Legends behind the wheel of a Lotus.  

Thirdly, It had been wildly misstated and abused in much of the Motoring Press, and unfairly so; having not been a Lotus Owner myself it's impossible to speak to some of the Dealer/Manufacturer neglect tales I've read.

I seen reference to the C8, a little earlier in this thread, and I think that's a highly valid point, here in California, they're touching the price of the Evora GT but I think it's well known that the C8 was built with very little immediate profit margin in mind.  I haven't tested one yet, but I'm scheduled to, so I'll be curious as a former Vette apostle what will come from it.

In that, I'm quite curious about what I'm watching being referenced as "gamma", and putting me behind the wheel of the GT, I was absolutely sold on the driving experience, it was absolutely Brilliant.  It's unclear to me at this point if I should wait, or if I should pull the trigger on a GT (Bird in hand), I suspect whatever is coming would be pretty groundbreaking if it's built with the same sense of purpose Lotus obviously builds each vehicle with. 

I do however wonder what an actual release would look like, how difficult would one be to get in the US, when an official release date will come, truly it looks like they've created a convert in which they can only give one form of Communion, I'm not in a position where I would switch cars, every six months, I do hope they release something soon (Thats how I ended up here, looking for information :p).  

Have you guys seen any actual date on when or if it will make the US Market?  I'm starting to wonder if they're going to build the Space Shuttle with the rumors, 

Sorry for rambling on, I have a tendency to talk!  

On 12/06/2020 at 10:16, Bravo73 said:

F438C96D-646B-47DE-9B5C-6E2A5EDCE3E7.jpeg705CBEFB-6BEF-4336-8969-B25D6DC96F9E.jpeg

Oh, dear. That is horrible. 

All that proves is that AutoExpress should leave car designing to the professionals. 

God I hope that's not it, it would be a disservice to the Brand indeed. 

Sorry for the McLaren pic, a reliable source as said expect a exhaust similar to this on the next model.

49054FB7-3C1E-4A30-9801-61994EFC4F3F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

So no boot then at the back. interesting. I do like that back end there, but then I did and still do like the original MP4 back end (well, all of it really)

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

McLaren I believe knocked it out of the Park with styling (I haven't driven one), I was wondering if Lotus would follow suit or if they intended to recreate the Exige, or rebrand using the Elan.

I hope it's a proper manual transmission

Edited by Bibs

On the Future of LOTUS I’d like to see the availability of post purchase and have fitted factory approved options.
What I mean is things like carbon options, shocks Etc fitted by dealers and recorded against the cars official history. It would mean that mods become official., I know of no manufacturer who does this.  Yes it would be expensive but in the long term mean “officially” being able to update cars.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Isn't this what McLaren does in a way? For instance when you look at the original MP4 cars when future enhancements and upgrades came out they were available, and indeed often upgraded for free, for the older cars. Also Macca has the factory tuning options where you can add everything from exhausts to carbon bits all through the factory and dealers.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

This was a McLaren USP when they started car production in 2009/10. MP4/12c was circa 580bhp new, as this increased to 616bhp, all previous cars got the upgrade. Soft door closers were added free and various other items at your annual service. Many cars also seem to get upgraded info-tainment systems as the early ones were (so journo's said) not very good. Not sure if you had to pay for that, as some are advertised with the original system. 

I don't know if the 720S and newer models get similar FOC upgrades. It certainly made business sense for a new car company to improve a debut model to all vehicles as issues arose in service. 

Justin

During the 1980s Victor Gauntlet era at Aston Martin, dealers would basically bring your car back to new condition as part of the service. Dings, paintwork, wheels, under bonnet, you name it. I guess servicing wasn’t cheap, but the owners expected it. A sort of annual factory-backed detailing service, 25 years before detailing really became a thing.

• Gold FFM

Those would be the days when Dealers actually employed time served engineers and craftsmen rather than spotty young "technicians" who had trouble tying their shoelaces without their parent assistance, yet alone trying to sort out and tune carburettors? 

Or when people could actually afford the cars they owned and where not spending half their take home on financing a dream, so they could actually afford to look after the car properly?

My experience of some Dealers (some, not all, as obviously there are very good and good Dealers out there too), particularly the mainstream ones, is that they employ the cheapest, least experienced kids they can get away with. They often do the bare minimum on the service (and not what they should be doing) and aftercare is something they only know exists as they saw the word on a bottle of their wives hand lotion! The Accountant is king!

2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Jeez - if the next Lotus could possibly look anything like this......I’m in!😳👏🏻👏🏻....I’d take it in Fire Red please....although plain red would sit nice alongside the Turbo - one can but dream!😍

I'm quite sure many wouldn't appreciate that, but I definitely do, that's artwork a beautiful display in my opinion.  God I hope it's something like this, in manual transmission.  

Q would be able to modify those exhaust pipes to fire mortars at chasing baddies with ease. My worry would be what happens when its parked and they get full of rain water.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Okay, that really is hilarious.

About the exhausts, well, it doesn't do the Macca Senna any harm... image.jpeg.6f0c469e1a973e4b129fe71828f9cb00.jpeg

• Bibs featured and unfeatured this topic