free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 103 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

And here's me thinking that the exhaust flow would just upset the airstream coming across the top of the car which you really want to be as laminar as possible don't you?

And then I could just see some wombat at the shops putting their bags on your recently parked car's tailgate and promptly starting a fire or melting crap onto your car. 'Cos you know they can do that while they are opening their boot don't you?

I thought they banned Lakeside exhaust pipes, which used to be all the rage on Panel Vans when I was a youngster, because passers by could get burnt by the exhaust blowing on them as they walked along the footpath? Well that's what happened here in Oz.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Selling 6 cars instead of 5 in China would be a 20% increase. There really is nothing to celebrate at this moment in time beyond Lotus's survival but hopefully it will start to make some kind of sense

Maybe, time will tell. I am starting to think that I am out of kilter with the majority (nothing new there I suppose) but all this talk of electric, luxury, etc and I can't help but feel we are going

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

On the Senna and in F1 they point the exhaust gas to blow towards the spoiler to increase downforce do they not?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Wasn't that meant to be the equivalent of the blown diffuser in F1?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You'll find out very soon. Clue is in the text.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Wow a Lotus driving license holder 👍👍

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It's a map holder so you don't get sent down the wrong street by the satnav.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

On the Senna and in F1 they point the exhaust gas to blow towards the spoiler to increase downforce do they not?

I thought about that as well, but I am pretty sure that the exhaust blew toward the spoiler in much the same direction as the airflow over the car. Not at 90 degrees like this.
Ahh, what would I know? I’m not an aerodynamicasisterer. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

I haven't got a clue @ramjet. In fact my wife says I'm clueless and she was being fussy about what!

It's usually blown under the wing I believe to allow a more aggressive wing angle so, yes, it would be angled in the same direction as airflow over the car.

Straight up would detach the airflow and probably cause low pressure behind it and therefore turbulence that will result in loss of downforce and increase drag I would think.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

What is that?

It’s a presentation box for us Esprit owners to keep pieces of gearbox in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

Wait til you see inside! 👍

• Like 2

Evora NA

3 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

It may seem like a trivial but spending time and effort on small things like this will elevate the brand in the minds of customers at relatively small cost and effort.  It’s pleasing to see.

How could this possibly seem trivial?  We are literally talking about weapon built to create a complete connection to the driver and the moment, I think this is exactly what will in the future make this brand what it should have been rather than the niche of a niche it's become.  (Sorry babbling again), I adore this, having said that i'm highly effusive 😛

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Wait til you see inside! 👍

Don't make me bribe you with Pints!  On with it! ;)

Wait till you see inside? In the future of Lotus thread? Are Lotus mailing owners something special about what’s coming next? Or am I reading too much into it?

A book about the origins and the history  of Lotus.

• Like 1
  • Bibs featured and unfeatured this topic