free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 109 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Selling 6 cars instead of 5 in China would be a 20% increase. There really is nothing to celebrate at this moment in time beyond Lotus's survival but hopefully it will start to make some kind of sense

Maybe, time will tell. I am starting to think that I am out of kilter with the majority (nothing new there I suppose) but all this talk of electric, luxury, etc and I can't help but feel we are going

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Please cancel your order @Stubox as that means they'll build mine faster....! ;)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

She doesn't want to be Queen. It's El Presidente don't you know!  Anyway, latest reports up here are that she is finished.  Also the truth is coming out re how "good" she was at managing COVID given the explosion in cases in Aberdeen, Perthshire, and now Glasgow.......  It was just smoke and mirrors again.... 

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

WTF happened? The program should be in very late stage of development right now. Why are they stirring shit now, they do not need bad press, a mutually agreeable parting of ways would have better than the shitshow that is about to take place in social media.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

This is so disappointing to hear as it wreaks of how Lotus garnered a bad reputation in the past through unpaid invoices, not honouring contracts etc...

If it wants to move upmarket then it needs to also behave in an upmarket way.

However, I do hope that this the usual crap around half a story and the true story will emerge where Lotus has done the right thing and someone reporting it has got the wrong end of the stick or indeed even Williams (given their recent ownership change) have miss understood.  Hopefully the picture will become clear and Lotus will be in the clear.

WAE is not wholly owned by Williams family but by an equity firm, Williams only retained a minority share of the company. WAE is dealing with a bunch of OEMs including some of the most highest profile... That does not look good when Lotus has not yet managed to get the full allocation of cars sold and just announced further delay, which is fair in the view of Covid, but still, this is bad news, of the kind the prospective customers will steer clear of the brand and the media will cover at length.

• Gold FFM

Yeah just like tesla - all their ongoing delays really damaged their brand 🤔

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Oh, and Aston Martin with the Valkyrie!

Mercedes with the AMG one.

Ferrari and the SF90 Stradale.

And Bugatti with it's new car below the Chiron.

So many doom mongers everywhere. Me, every time I see the Evija I see some else marvellous in the design/tech/engineering...

Wow. In fact, Lotus are in excellent company and this should bode very well for them...

• Like 2

And yet it is funny how much Lotus does not get away with any of it... as opposed to all the brands named above.

Yet I agree Lotus is in excellent company.

I know almost nothing about Lotus other than what they produce, and my own personal fascination with their commitment to bringing a driving experience that is unparalleled.

For me, a Driver, that's absolutely enough, I don't need to know more; so much so I'm willing to wait for my local Dealer to be in receipt of another Evora, which I'm not sure I'd be willing to say for any other Brand.     

• Like 1

Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday.  It's good to see this remains part of the Mantra for Manufacturers.  I believe there to be an inherent truth in making those feel a part of what's occurring on the track, and how one creates loyal, and fervent constituents.  I can't speak to autos, but on a moto, this is still a real truth; those boys and girls play for the love, and there's no money in it for the rider, but the Sponsors still adhere to this, and while they all want a front runner, they'd prefer to take on the representative who will bring awareness to them in the pits.  Which is why you'll often see mid pack guys with more Sponsors then frontrunners.

Go GEELY!  Bring us back to the world of human socialization!

• Like 1

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing.

I would have loved to see the Evija in the flesh and believe I must be on the customer database of at least two official Lotus dealers (as well as Lotus themselves), yet despite having purchased three brand new Lotus in the past six years (Exige V6, Evora 400, Elise 250 Cup) I’ve never received an invite. Now clearly I’m not a potential Evija customer, but it would have been a great way to get me back into one of their showrooms to ogle the more affordable cars they can actually sell.

I wonder if I’ll hear anything from anyone when (if) they do come up with a new car? Kinda tells me all I need to know about Lotus and their dealers marketing efforts.

Now Jeep on the other hand (I bought one new in 2016) regularly contact me trying to tempt me into something new.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Gold FFM

That's disappointing Neal.  I bought my first Evora from Murrays, my second from Silverstone. I got an invite from Silverstone for the Evija event, and they contact m about other things. I appreciate them keeping in touch even though I live 500 miles away.

Don't think I ever received anything from Murrays. I guess it is very much dealer preference.

I only found out about the Parks viewing after calling in recently. Mate and me put our names on the list and saw (and sat in!!) the Evija yesterday 18th Sept. The car is incredible inside and out :wub:

Just back from Parks. Had an invite about a week ago from Laura, ex-Leven. I used to get stuff from Murray, both Lotus and Aston Martin and Leven kept in touch. Don't know why some folk are kept in the dark.

Evija is awesome. Pity I forgot my cheque book 😉

• Like 1
On 19/09/2020 at 21:56, Neal H said:

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing.

I would have loved to see the Evija in the flesh and believe I must be on the customer database of at least two official Lotus dealers (as well as Lotus themselves), yet despite having purchased three brand new Lotus in the past six years (Exige V6, Evora 400, Elise 250 Cup) I’ve never received an invite. Now clearly I’m not a potential Evija customer, but it would have been a great way to get me back into one of their showrooms to ogle the more affordable cars they can actually sell.

I wonder if I’ll hear anything from anyone when (if) they do come up with a new car? Kinda tells me all I need to know about Lotus and their dealers marketing efforts.

Now Jeep on the other hand (I bought one new in 2016) regularly contact me trying to tempt me into something new.

You are not eligible under Ferrari terms, as you didn't buy them in one year, I learnt this from a friend who wanted to buy a F12 TDF even though he owned 5 including a 250 Lusso.

• Gold FFM

@Neal H sad to read this as buyers such as yourself are the true backbone to keep Lotus upright. 

Come to think of it, I have not heard from Bell and Colvill re Evija. I have not bought a new Lotus since 2000 but bought second-hand Evora in 2018 and use their servicing department regularly. Perhaps I missed that email and I don't tend to go to 'views' of new cars - and B&C know I won't buy one, so I would just be eyeballs. So rightly they probably reserved spots for those who have paid for new fibreglass. 

It is disappointing that a buyer of 3 new Lotus is not treated like royalty by both dealers and Lotus HQ. Perhaps @Bibs can whisper to someone. 

Justin 

• Gold FFM

@jep I think many who have been invited to see the Evija are certainly NOT in a position to splash £2m on a car.  The showcasing of the car is I believe for two reasons, (1) to give current Lotus owners and opportunity to see the car and (2) to stir interest in the couple of "prospective owners" around each dealership that shows it. Given only a 130 are being made and sold globally, the touring of the car around dealers isn't go to have prospective owners lined up outside of the dealership, all COVID safe 2m apart.  :)

So, given the first point, I assume Lotus Marketing/Dealers are missing a trick?

Lotus dealers can take Evija orders. I was told that they would receive a Finder’s Fee and liaise with the factory. So it is in their interest to promote the vehicle as a potential sale. The easiest database they have is their customer list. Who knows, one of us might be a billionaire or at least mix in those circles? To be honest it would be a bit weird if they didn’t show it at their main dealers.

• Gold FFM

That is contrary to what I was told by B&C, who said they were not involved with orders for the Evija. That was earlier this year and of course, things change.

What you say makes perfect sense.

Justin