free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 114 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Michael, No I should have stated No. 4 in 2020 retail list.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Selling 6 cars instead of 5 in China would be a 20% increase. There really is nothing to celebrate at this moment in time beyond Lotus's survival but hopefully it will start to make some kind of sense

Lotus staff got free hot drinks vending machines back in August, was a very welcome move and much appreciated from the people who work there. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference 👍

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Posted Images

Surely this is not the announcement but the announcement of the announcement... otherwise they'd be pimping it on the main Lotus Cars acc too. Exciting as it is, I doubt anything is going to tempt me away from my Exige. :)

Let’s hope it’s a weekly glimpse into future models. A full blown announcement would make for a boring wait for customer delivery’s. 

10 minutes ago, Lotus110Club said:

Yeah, but... its still an Evora! 

Weren't Caterham meant to be doing a partnership with Alpine a few years ago? Eitherway I'm genuinely more excited about this than I am the Evija. 

Least it’s a lotus. At this rate you may have to just buy a Renault instead. 
I wonder if this is going to be a two way thing with a vehicle or just be a tesla roadster type thing.

Only here once

Lotus Engineering is coming back strong, I would say.

Considering the strength of the group, I see no real need for a two way deal, however considering that Lotus will need to prove that it is a profitable entity, sharing a platform or providing an architecture to Alpine won't hurt.

Edited by NedaSay
12 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Lotus Engineering is coming back strong, I would say.

Considering the strength of the group, I see no real need for a two way deal, however considering that Lotus will need to prove that it is a profitable entity, sharing a platform or providing an architecture to Alpine won't hurt.

I suppose we'll get to know more with the Lotus press conference at 10. 

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/alpine-and-lotus-announce-technical-collaboration.html...

"Alpine and Lotus will also explore the development of a joint services offer combining their engineering expertise. A collaboration to leverage Alpine’s motorsport platform covering Formula One to Formula E and Endurance is also under study."

Considering Alpine will compete in 2021 in F1 and WEC... That leaves FE to Lotus...

And now, I'm off to bed.

Edited by NedaSay
  • Gold FFM
On 08/01/2021 at 15:01, Jason is Chasing said:

I'm sure the USA marketing team knows what they're doing

There are many threads and posts on here that conclude that Lotus marketing in general doesn't know what it's doing!

2 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

I'm guessing this was supposed to be a joint launch, but somebody didn't clarify which 0900 (CET or GMT) they were going with.  Hence Renault/Alpine went an hour early, or Lotus went an hour late.  Sacre Bleu...

Typical French 🤪

• Like 1

Only here once