free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 120 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe, time will tell. I am starting to think that I am out of kilter with the majority (nothing new there I suppose) but all this talk of electric, luxury, etc and I can't help but feel we are going

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Lotus staff got free hot drinks vending machines back in August, was a very welcome move and much appreciated from the people who work there. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference 👍

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Spinney said:

Truth is, I just can’t say no to a new Lotus and would find it nigh on impossible to buy from anybody but Jamie. He is a rarity in the car sales world, a true gent, and I really hope he hasn’t suffered too badly during the current Covid situation.

Spot on.

Jamie still talks to me despite the fact I have driven any number of B&C demonstrators and the only car I have ever bought was my wonderful Evora NA (at 8 years old), that I never saw or drove prior.

Justin

• Like 1

Ah, the Vauxhall advert has a bit of road in it, big wide open sweepers that I've always wondered where it is. Seems to be used in filming quite a bit a number of car reviews have been filmed there and I also saw it in Bridgerton (yes, I watched it). I'm not sure if it's a closed bit of track. Drives me mad trying to find out where it is!

Is it not what was then Vauxhall’s own test track at Millbrook Proving Ground, Bedfordshire? If not maybe Chobham, Surrey? Both get used a lot for magazine road tests and TV work. If there’s ever a road traffic accident/incident on a UK TV show, it’s invariably filmed at one of these locations. To the casual observer, it looks like a public highway, but obviously it’s not.

2 hours ago, PAR said:

I think it deserves a trip back to memory lane for what was voted worst car advert at the time!

truly atrocious, if you bought a VX220, you need to specify you didn’t have a TV and therefore didn’t see it.

I love the last line in that ad “Vauxhall, raising the standard.” 
They certainly weren’t referring to the standard of advertising were they. 😂

On 06/02/2021 at 17:09, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Oh no, not another new 911!

I’ve got a sneaking feeling that I may have been right...

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-porsche/2021-porsche-911-gt3-reveal-imminent/43745

• Like 2

OK, a bit cheeky to claim prescience on the announcement of a "new" 911. Porsche comes out with new variants almost as often as Lotus can come up with a "special edition!" :D

• Haha 1

They were probably told to head over to Caffeine & Machine! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

From the Lotus Blog last Friday, there's an image of the Warwick campus, with the Evija and I assume the Type 131 parked outside under covers. If this is the T131, it looks tiny. I've never seen the Evija in person but it always looked compact and petite. Could the T131 be more an exige, elise replacement?

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/blog/new-collaborations-and-a-new-home-to-reinvigorate-lotus-engineering.html

131.JPG

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Colin G said:

Has there been any indication when the new car will be revealed? Looking to buy a new car this year, would be nice if it was a return to Lotus.

Your best source of info is probably here:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/452-type-131-chat/

ISTR that it will be revealed this year, available 2022. 

• Like 1