free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 121 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Assuming that is a full scale model of the car or prototype, then thats an encouraging sign for me.  Keeping it compact will hopefully mean it is also light weight and not too bloated and hopefully mean it is agile too, aligning it well to the Lotus values.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Selling 6 cars instead of 5 in China would be a 20% increase. There really is nothing to celebrate at this moment in time beyond Lotus's survival but hopefully it will start to make some kind of sense

Maybe, time will tell. I am starting to think that I am out of kilter with the majority (nothing new there I suppose) but all this talk of electric, luxury, etc and I can't help but feel we are going

Posted Images

They are also really into their Engineering side at present and also their heritage. Sadly I think MJK is one of the only ones left from that time! This out today in EVO magazine!

May be an image of text that says "LOTUS LOTUS ENGINEERING Driving innovation PRESENT UTURE THE TECHNOLOGY THE PEOPLE THE VISION LOTUS"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "technologically inno welad acqui sports COLIN CHAPMAN Chapma had ability solve 1970sth sports Managing businesses TeC RUDD Chapman BRM ctor Lotus winning F1 motorsport the"

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On 13/02/2021 at 09:58, comem47 said:

been there, done that  😜

Image result for dazzle paint

I'm having trouble seeing this for the camo paintwork.

New Boeing???

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

8 minutes ago, Dan E said:

You should definitely apply! 

I would not mind spending some odd days at my new local dealer - they need not pay me. - But may be discount on parts/servicing.

Lotus must be hopeful of doing well with the 131 as there seem to recruiting so many.

On 16/02/2021 at 22:26, Colin G said:

Has there been any indication when the new car will be revealed? Looking to buy a new car this year, would be nice if it was a return to Lotus.

I understand the reveal could be pencilled in for Goodwood in July, assuming that goes ahead of course. 

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

That sounds like exactly what I do for TLF amongst other things - Wonder what the car scheme allows - GT410 in Motorsport Green and I'm all theirs :D

This role will primarily be working from home 

DO IT!

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://careers.geely.com/Lotus/job/Plymouth-USA-Head-of-Lotus-Cars-USA-MI/650476001/

Looks like the USA is high up the priority list - Makes a huge amount of sense, it's such a huge market and really will come alive once the 131 is for sale I'd guess! 

Michigan? Must've missed something. What happened to the HQ in Georgia?

Benefits 

• Medical
  • Dental
  • Car scheme  

Ooh. Yes.

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://careers.geely.com/Lotus/job/Plymouth-USA-Head-of-Lotus-Cars-USA-MI/650476001/

Looks like the USA is high up the priority list - Makes a huge amount of sense, it's such a huge market and really will come alive once the 131 is for sale I'd guess! 

https://careers.geely.com/Lotus/job/Hethel%2C-Norfolk-Digital-Marketing-Manager/646770201/

That sounds like exactly what I do for TLF amongst other things - Wonder what the car scheme allows - GT410 in Motorsport Green and I'm all theirs :D

I am woefully unqualified!  I'm dropping my c/v 😛

45 minutes ago, yeller77 said:

Michigan? Must've missed something. What happened to the HQ in Georgia?

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/more-expansion-and-co-location-for-lotus-in-the-usa/

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

There is a Lotus engineering facility in Ann Arbor, MI.  I assume it was built back when GM owned them? A few years ago they moved HQ there. I assume it was really to save money. Then they moved to Plymouth, MI.

Here is facility in Ann Arbor:
Image result for lotus ann arbor

Edited by Likuid
  • Like 2
On 18/02/2021 at 13:37, Likuid said:

There is a Lotus engineering facility in Ann Arbor, MI.  I assume it was built back when GM owned them? A few years ago they moved HQ there. I assume it was really to save money. Then they moved to Plymouth, MI.

Here is facility in Ann Arbor:
Image result for lotus ann arbor

They moved everything from Ann Arbor down the road to Plymouth, Michigan.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately everything I have heard only reassures me that Lotus have no interest at all in delivering a new car which appeals to current Lotus owners. It makes sense... I get it... the money is elsewhere. I just hope that there is a short run Cup variant of these new cars which completely strips out the unnecessary bells and whistles to give us something to cling on to.

• Like 1
On 03/03/2021 at 12:19, Bravo73 said:

Uh-oh. Voice controls always work seamlessly, don’t they? 😬 

I hope they give it British accent recognition! Much to his girlfriends amusement, our son is always complaining that their  Alexa rarely understands his voice commands. 😂

• Gold FFM
On 06/03/2021 at 09:14, Spinney said:

I hope they give it British accent recognition! Much to his girlfriends amusement, our son is always complaining that their  Alexa rarely understands his voice commands. 😂

Let's hope they'll include Scottish accent recognition as well, or @C8RKH might have some trouble. 😄 

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, Escape said:

Let's hope they'll include Scottish accent recognition as well, or @C8RKH might have some trouble. 😄 

Lol. I'm actually English and just trespassing in Scotland!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Lol. I'm actually English and just trespassing in Scotland!

I know you know it wasn't personal at all. 😉
Just a great clip, no matter how many times I've seen it, it always cracks me up.

• Love 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Matt Windle, Managing Director of Lotus Cars, will present ‘Driving Tomorrow’, a news conference delivering details on Group Lotus future strategy on Tuesday 27 April 2021.

You are invited to join Lotus’ ‘Driving Tomorrow’  conference, which will be streamed live at 12:00 (BST) in English at www.drivingtomorrow.lotuscars.com. Please click on the link to save the date in your schedule.

Would you happen to know if this will be available on demand at a later time?