free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 122 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Can’t wait for this - I’m like a kid at Christmas right now!👍👍

How many sleeps......?😉👍🎄

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having spoken to a few of the long time Lotus guys still at Hethal i can confirm my LOVE for Lotus is back on the straight and narrow, Jaguars/McLarens are not for me!  I just need to have more p

Maybe, time will tell. I am starting to think that I am out of kilter with the majority (nothing new there I suppose) but all this talk of electric, luxury, etc and I can't help but feel we are going

Lotus staff got free hot drinks vending machines back in August, was a very welcome move and much appreciated from the people who work there. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference 👍

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Can’t wait for this - I’m like a kid at Christmas right now! How many sleeps......?😉👍🎄

Fire Red no more I'm afraid. It's off the colour chart.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

44 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Fire Red no more I'm afraid. It's off the colour chart.

Is it.....?😪

Surprised as Type 131 would likely look fantastic in it, as by all accounts it’s looking like it could be a simplified Evija which looks great in Red. But having said that could Type 131 be available in Atomic Red....as pictured? Yes please 😎

If not it might be for the best as far I'm personally concerned, as I don’t think my future funds can stretch to the new car......having just bought an S1 Elise to add to the stable!😂

EAB4EB6A-5D1B-420C-9BC4-73794B2EC210.jpeg

• Gold FFM

I may have been winding you up as I finished a nice bottle before retiring for the night!  :happydance:We need pictures of the Elise - nice one! 👍 As we know, it is all about the red!

Côte de Beaune-Villages 2017, Joseph Drouhin

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I may have been winding you up as I finished a nice bottle before retiring

You made the decision then!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

Nice. Lovely colour.

• Like 1

One thing’s for certain then: any new Esprit can only be all-electric. The E-sprit, perhaps? So if you ever want to buy one more new ICE Lotus you need to buy a 131.

Also staggering to think that Lotus currently employs more people than the number of cars they produce each year! Each one could have its own unique builder’s plaque!

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Also staggering to think that Lotus currently employs more people than the number of cars they produce each year! Each one could have its own unique builder’s plaque!

Knowing my luck I'd get the one built by the Accountant who thought he was being clever by only using half the parts to improve the margin!

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

This article was annoyingly Porsche heavy -  perhaps justifiably so as they are doing a lot of investment - but gave me hope... along with that nagging feeling that I've had for some time that the whole 'lectric thing may pass and LOTUS will have chased rather than led...

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Knowing my luck I'd get the one built by the Accountant who thought he was being clever by only using half the parts to improve the margin!

Had a mileage claim refused have we?

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Had a mileage claim refused have we?

Nope. Just worked with some muppets in finance who could not add up with a calculator and who thought sacking people, then redistributing their work across an already over worked work force = efficiency.

Seen many a good service company ruined by a CFO who became a CEO - all about the numbers and forgetting people deliver service and customers pay better when the service is good.

• Like 2

There are exceptions to the general rule though Andy:animier: - I’ll have to enlighten you over a beer or 2 at the next VX national (hopefully this year🤞)

Although I do agree that many CFOs/FDs do need to widen their business vision 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
17 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Surely that must including those employed by Lotus Engineering, working for other brands/customers? Otherwise the losses would be huge!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Year to December 2019: Turnover £100m; losses in year (before tax) £10m; cumulative losses- £400m.

This is for the group.

• Sad 1

"Aggresive price pegs Type 131 closest to Cayman"

Theres a great deal of Porsche reference in this article,  albeit focused on the business model.  Which seems a tad odd for an organization as unique as Lotus.  

Mind you, I'm no subject matter expert on all things Stuttgart,  but I'm around them a lot.  I myself can appreciate Stuttgart,  and what they're delivering to the enthusiast. 

In this, I 'feel' (yes I said feel) to some degree Lotus is doing themselves a great disservice by making a comparison to anyone.  Lotus is something quite unique,  and that's what makes it special.   

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, Jason is Chasing said:

In this, I 'feel' (yes I said feel) to some degree Lotus is doing themselves a great disservice by making a comparison to anyone.  Lotus is something quite unique,  and that's what makes it special. 

If you are implying (not trying to put words in your mouth here) that Lotus is trying to a be a "mini-me" to Porsche then I fully agree with you that they are doing themselves a great disservice. Not through any hatred of Porsche, but as you say, because Lotus has its own DNA that attracts owners. If I wanted a Porsche copy, then I'd buy a Porsche!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

If you are implying (not trying to put words in your mouth here) that Lotus is trying to a be a "mini-me" to Porsche then I fully agree with you that they are doing themselves a great disservice. Not through any hatred of Porsche, but as you say, because Lotus has its own DNA that attracts owners. If I wanted a Porsche copy, then I'd buy a Porsche!

You nailed it!

I'm definitely implying the article is written in manner which leaves that impression, and the repeated reference,  could be many things, to include the Author's SEO staff trying to draw traffic to the article.  Or even a directive given in a Board of Directors meeting.  

Either way, I'm not a huge fan of how the article is written. Or the picture it paints.

I, like you find the idea preposterous,  I like Porsche plenty,  but it's not a Lotus, you have my concurrence for sure.

• Like 1

This was quite interesting to see how the investment has been been focused on automation and production facility . I believe this is the key to make the product of a more consistent quality whilst being cheaper. Ferrari has homeboy through this 20 years ago and with Volvo/geely expertise there is a good chance this will be done.

it makes more sense to me now that they stop the production of all the models in one go as they haven’t been developed around the same industrial process.

Crunching numbers quickly, they need to go to 5000 sports car a year to make expected returns on investment. That means that not only the car need to be good and reasonably prices but their marketing and dealers will need to do a good job. Also means that they will need a few variants (we already know there are 2 engines) there will be a convertible version but I now wonder if they will also squeeze a +2.

When they did show the pictures of three cars under hood, I thought this was a 131 and then some more but now I feel like this is going to be 3 variants including different sizes. Alpine messed that up of not having other variants to capitalise on their good first year and now they don’t sell anything.

i am getting more excited despite having already too many cars!

• Like 2
On 16/04/2021 at 12:12, hedgerley said:

All this good news is making me giddy... And a production line of Evijas! Well, three.....

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/lotus/inside-new-lotus-factories/

Wow, that's going to turn the factory tour into a bit more than and hour or so chit-chat and and walkabout with @Guy Munday  :D  Going to need to invest in some golf carts! (in Evija-like body kits :thumbsup: )