free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 123 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Future of Lotus

On 16/04/2021 at 18:12, hedgerley said:

All this good news is making me giddy... And a production line of Evijas! Well, three.....

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/lotus/inside-new-lotus-factories/

The guys at 'carmagazine' need a new spell check

£100 million of invstement in facilities
 Find out how quality will improve on Tyope 131 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 17/04/2021 at 19:44, exeterjeep said:

The guys at 'carmagazine' need a new spell check

Find out how quality will improve on Tyope 131 

I see that of today (25th) they've corrected the 'Tyope'  but still not got 'investment' correct ...  
 Find out how quality will improve on Type 131 

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

‘We’ll move to a part-robotised line,’ explains Hewitt. ‘That drives fits, shuts and panel quality. It’s all about repeatability: our workforce is incredibly skilled but you’re never going to get the same consistency as with a robot.    Can't help but think of this ... 

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

7 hours ago, jonwat said:

“There will soon be cars to tempt ordinary buyers, too — a cheaper sports car in partnership with Renault, an SUV the size of a Porsche Cayenne and a four-door grand tourer as big as the BMW 8 Series, to be followed by other “lifestyle” vehicles including a smaller SUV. All will be pure electric. No hybrids.”

Sounds like loads of new possibilities, I wonder how many will actually come to market. I like the sound of a smaller SUV, but the grand tourer does not seem to fit with the Lotus heritage.

Matt Windle  said the SUV was the size of a Porsche Cayenne which is quite large so probably not related

edit: followed by a small SUV - That must be  a long way off?

Edited by mg4lotus

Got a better look this time as it drove past my house. Bright green four door saloon not suv. Maybe a test mule for Cyan again.

• Like 1

No photos? Was there no badges on the car. I’m glad I don’t live near Hethel.....I’d be camped out at the entrance to Potash Lane!!😂

Get that camera on standby for next time😉📸

5 hours ago, chipp said:

Had my lunch in a local layby just to get a pic.

Didn't see the green one but got these.

Lynk & Co

IMG_20210427_141021.jpg

IMG_20210427_141231.jpg

If this is the future we’re doomed! Thankfully I don’t personally believe for 1 minute it is. We all know  (for know...se hope!🙏) that the Lotus SUV, will be a much more elegant, radical looking machine. Could this vehicle be a mule though?.......looks incredibly bland in every way!🥱
Thanks for giving up your lunch though.......good work👏🏻👏🏻 Lotus Emira pics next week please......😉

• Like 2

That is an 01 SUV  by the look of it front engine ICE so not much of a mule for Lotus as it would not help setting up the ICE of type 131 but as a Geely brand Lynk & Co might enjoy some suspension tuning  from Lotus prior to Lynk & Co vehicles launch in the UK and broadly speaking in the EU.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

21 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Must make it easier to find you if you have broken down.

• Sad 1

🤔 I guess I'm late to the what3words party. It's not necessarily intuitive. Still perhaps simpler than putting in some coordinates or an address and easier for voice control, but someone still has to pick it and tell you what it is for you to enter and find. I would not have before thought of Hethel's doorstep to be hotspots.punters.race but of course will now.  Just chalk my doorstep up to [email protected]  😵

• Like 2