free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 124 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Future of Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I wonder what name from the graveyard of UK automotive history they’ll dig up next? Reliant?

Jenson (interceptor/healey) again....ideal for JB. How about helping TVR to see if they ever get back into production.

Perhaps they could buy back the rights for the  Kia Elan , and re-launch an Elan M100E  - an electric version.

• Gold FFM

Gonna be tough for some retailers to make that vision happen... I assume we'll see some go?

Equally, it would suit Bluewater, Trafford Centre etc.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

13 minutes ago, webfoot said:

Lotus Says It's Open to Selling Off the Tooling Necessary to Build the Elise

Could this be what JB has in mind?

• Gold FFM

Geely are selling Volvo shares in a stock market flotation but keeping a majority stake. 

Perhaps we can buy Lotus shares one day, if the plan goes to....plan. 

Justin 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jep said:

Geely are selling Volvo shares in a stock market flotation but keeping a majority stake. 

Perhaps we can buy Lotus shares one day, if the plan goes to....plan. 

Justin 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-13/geely-s-sports-car-icon-lotus-said-to-weigh-raising-1-billion

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NedaSay said:

I can't read that because I don't subscribe but guess it's more or less as this from the following day ... 

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/geelys-lotus-said-weigh-raising-1b-ev-shift

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

I bought Geely shares just after they bought Lotus. They have not done well, down about 40%.

I also bought Ferrari shares at the same time - which have done better, up around 50%.

Justin 

• 2 weeks later...

Erm, that’s a reply to discourage anyone from posting anything Lotus especially when it comes from a Moderator, as it got any connection to the future Lotus. Well both have resent dealing with the brand. So obviously it has. Just a rude reply in my opinion.

• Like 2

I don’t think that you understood the meaning of my post. 

This thread is about the ‘Future of Lotus’. ie looking forward, ideally with a sense of optimism. The thread might have started with JMG’s appointment but I don’t think that the history books are going to look back on the ‘JMG era’ favourably. JMG is now in Lotus’s past, thankfully. 

You also seem to be a little confused about the role of a Moderator on here. ‘All opinions expressed are my own and in no way represent those of TLF/His Royal Bibsness/etc etc’. 

• Like 1

TBF the post may have needed it's own thread. However, it does seem highly topical to Lotus in that a former boss is now working with an entity formerly tied to Lotus in it's halo car development and seemingly involved in a less than amical separation. Food for thought.

I do hope this doesn't put a damper on the posting of the many Dany Baharhar escapades though! :D

• Like 1

So what we need now is to get some CIA satellites tasked to monitor the Lotus test track/factory to spot the first one to emerge.

• Like 1

which includes two new production halls at the company’s iconic home in Hethel, Norfolk

Sounds like one may have to pack a lunch for the factory tours of the future!

• Like 2