free hit
counters
Future of Lotus - Page 127 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
35 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I guess, rather selfishly, my issue is will this be at a cost to the "community" feel of being a Lotus owner? 

Do we know any Porsche owners of their SUV's - do they feel part of the Porsche community? Any owners on here?

I would certainly like to get rid of the wife RR and have a Lotus SUV instead.

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

I would certainly like to get rid of the wife RR and have a Lotus SUV instead.

Well the Lotus would certainly be more reliable!  Especially the Petrol V6 supercharged model :)

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I think we are talking the end of petrol/diesel sales, so any last version Emira's need to be very special.

unless the Eco-warriors get their way Lotus have about 5 years possibly longer to bring out the hot versions; don't they?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

Hope so. A carbon clad, lightweight Emira CUP with a V6 and manual box would be a great 60th present for me!

Edited by Bravo73

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Do we know any Porsche owners of their SUV's - do they feel part of the Porsche community? Any owners on here?

Yes, on my fourth Porsche, 987, 991, last two are Macan’s Turbo & GTS. The Porsche community is a large and varied group from very active to no interest at all. With track cars, family wagons to garage queens. The long standing 911 traditionalists of course exist but Porsche we’re saved by the intro of the Boxster (25 years now), followed by what became their biggest seller the Cayenne. Highest volume sales now through Macan, they just launched their final I.C version that will stay alongside a new EV version hitting UK in 23. Porsche are the most profitable ( by vehicle) car company in the world, without the intro of the SUV’s their original business model would have long seen them disappear. 

Lotus community due to the model line up are clearly true enthusiasts, that will over time become broadened as at long last Lotus are in a new ascendancy. I can totally understand why they are adding an EV-SUV and personally would much prefer them to prosper by appealing to the broader market and will certainly be taking a close look at it when launched. Shouldn’t  stop one enjoying their cars past, present and Future 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Well the Lotus would certainly be more reliable!  Especially the Petrol V6 supercharged model :)

and from my experiences the Lotus after sales service will be better by far 👍

• Like 1

Well since this is a Lotus forum I won’t bore anyone with my JLR car problems and after sales experiences, although TBF it tends to be JLR dealers who are the biggest problem but JLR themselves come a close second.

• Gold FFM

We’ve got friends whom have rejected one Discovery and another whom has bought another car while he’s awaiting parts on back order for his Range. Back order isn’t unique to lotus - and it’s all Covids fault 🤦‍♂️

Only here once

Looks like they're leaving it up to Radford to make the cars that Lotus dare not make.

Why not fit the 500bhp motor with DCT to a wide body Exige? They only need do a handful of them to make a statement. A pinnacle petrol sports car based on the performance through lightweight ethos. Show some respect to the bloodline and race pedigree before they tarnish the badge further with SUVs.

• Like 2

A while ago I wrote in this thread about how “quite ordinary” electric cars could, should their drivers wish, potentially embarrass those of us driving what we have thought of as pretty quick, enthusiast's machinery. Sub-McLaren that is. Particularly regarding the “you won’t overtake me” types needing only brief bursts of acceleration in the 40 to 60 mph region to do that in often short overtaking stretches.

To any Moderator this is about I.C. drivers dealing with EV’s, not about EV's as such, and is intended for enthusiast I.C. drivers like me. So please do not move it to an EV thread where many of us may not see it - I wouldn’t there. (Sorry, a battle last time!)  And  the immediate “future of Lotus”, the Emira, is one I see as open to being embarrassed by EVs.

Yesterday I walked by a stationary little VW ID.3. It was L-plated and emblazoned with words about some “Automatics Driving School”. (No comment!)  From the driving seat someone was seemingly explaining things to a passenger. I reached a busy roundabout and the ID.3 came up silently beside me. It was a modern small roundabout with much of the centre only marked by a slightly roughened surface. The flow from the busy road on the right mostly drove straight over that in almost a straight line at a good speed. Almost no gaps for the ID.3.  But no problem - it suddenly disappeared from beside me into a tiny gap and up to the speed of the main flow - apparently near instantly. That burst of acceleration beat “launch controlled” I.C. take-offs I’ve experienced! Just a slight scrabbling of tyres the only drama. Material leaving shovels - no comparison. Some driving lesson!

If those bursts can be used at higher speeds, I’ll only be using peak-power approaches to overtaking “little ID.3s”.

Edited by mdavies

47 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Can you imagine the ID3 driver parking up and looking back at his car, carving up a B road and knowing next time he can go a little faster around the corners, taking it on track and having all the fun they could ever want in a car, etc, etc? No, that's why sub-McLaren performance cars still have a place. 

Absolutely agree with that anyway, Bibs.  No Lotus EV for me whatever its performance! Hopefully a manual Emira will fall into my buying range one day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.